Change approach Vector?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change approach Vector?

I'm not sure if my main question really asks what I need to know.

So here's my situation. I have a part that we're EDM'ing out some fan-blade type geometry. I have to rotate the probe head in order to get into the blade. Is there a way I can tell the machine to follow the vector of the probe instead of moving in the normal XYZ directions?

For example, if the probe is at A45B0, I want the machine to move at a 45° angle in DCC.

Maybe it already does this, and I just never noticed because I haven't checked just deep undercuts before.

Thanks all!
    Global Image PH10M, SP25, FCR25-L6 CAD++ 2019R1SP10
    Global Image PH10M+, SP25, FCR25-L6 CAD++ 2019R1SP10
    MicroExel pfx uha PH6, TP200 CAD++2019R1 SP10

It follows the vector of the feature. IF YOU CHANGE the vector, then the probe comp will no longer be correct. I am not sure what you can come up with using TARGET VECTOR, the help file is a little "lacking". It says that the target vector is the hit direction, so MAYBE (but do NOT base any decision on this) you can leave the nominal vector alone and put in a target vector and it will touch using hte target vector but comp using the nominal vector.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

I don't know if this will help you.

PC-DMIS has a TUTOR tranlator. TUTOR has a command for vector approach named APPROACH.
      from the TUTOR Programming Manual
      APPROACH (cosx,cosy,cosz)

ex. APPROACH (0,0,1)

ex. V1 = {0,0,1}
      APPROACH (V1)

You could check the PC-DMIS help file on TUTOR Translator if you want to spend the time. I haven't used it.

HTH

B&S CHAMELEON/PCDMIS CAD++ V2011

There are no bugs, only "UNDOCUMENTED ENHANCEMENTS!"

sigpic

Comment

If you just want it to move into the part like that the vector will be MOVE/INCREMENT<0,-0.7071,-0.7071> Your touch vector still needs to be normal to the part.
        Last edited by keego; 06-21-2010, 02:07 PM.
        sigpic
        Global Advantage 12-22-10
        TESASTAR M SP25 4.3mr2

Comment

Do you mean move point?

Comment

You can use assignments, one more time !
            ASSIGN/V1=PROBEDATA("vector")
            ASSIGN/V2=V1.I
            ASSIGN/V3=V1.J
            ASSIGN/V4=V1.K
            Then use V2,V3 and V4 in target vector...

Comment