#%&**#

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #%&**#

Just got one CMM back up and running when the other goes down!

Looks like the wire going from the switch to the Servo board dropped out of the pluggin and fried the board.

Now yesterday when I came in the other CMM will not calibrate a probe without hitting the yes the master has moved, plus I have manual alignments and they act as if the CMM is not taking into account 1/2 the Sphere diameter.

I have went back and deleted and rebuilt one probe in the probe utilities box from from scratch but when I come back out in the operators mode its asking again for an available tool (after I have measured one in the edit mode), its not listing any.

I missed that day in class what the ##*!!# is going on.

Cookie

Sheffield machine?
    You have to follow Sheffield calibration procedure precisely, if you don’t…it’s gonna #$%^& and @#$%%^ @#$%^ - big time…

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
      Sheffield machine?
      You have to follow Sheffield calibration procedure precisely, if you don’t…it’s gonna #$%^& and @#$%%^ @#$%^ - big time…
      What exactly is the "Sheffield" calibration routine? I have just installed, 3 weeks ago, a Sheffield Endeavor 9-15-7 with a SMP 350 controller and it was basically plug and play. I see no difference in calibrating that CMM from a Brown and Sharpe??
      sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMannes View Post
        What exactly is the "Sheffield" calibration routine? I have just installed, 3 weeks ago, a Sheffield Endeavor 9-15-7 with a SMP 350 controller and it was basically plug and play. I see no difference in calibrating that CMM from a Brown and Sharpe??
        Don't you have a Sheffield probe cal PDF file?
        I have one here but don't know how to bring it on...

Comment

Don't you have a Sheffield probe cal PDF file?
          I have one here but don't know how to bring it on...
          zip it and post as an attachment
          sigpic
          Originally posted by Ironhoe
          I got something under my sporran for you, take care of it and you got my vote.

Comment

James, there is specific cal routine for initially setting it up or after the head is adjusted or something major like that. Otherwise it is a normal calibration. Let me find the routine and I'll get back to you.

Comment

For James

Try this..
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Lab_ratt View Post
                I couldn’t find the “attach” button.

Originally posted by John Kugler View Post
                Try this..
                John - How did you do that?

James.
                The different between B&S and Sheffield machine is the error map reference point. On B&S it uses home position and the Sheffield uses MEA position (Measurement Enhancement Accuracy), it’s a calibration tool at a fixed location on the rock (painted red). Mechanical offset and master tip must be established at that location, if you don’t the error map became invalid/altered. “…MEA” tools for MEA location only. You must create another tool for a location other than MEA…all probe file must be qualified at MEA location.

BTW – why would anyone pay $250K for a machine that can do only basic scanning?

Comment

Go Advanced & look for the paperclip thingy.....................(hope I'm not confusing anyone with the use of highly technical terms )
                  sigpic
                  Originally posted by Ironhoe
                  I got something under my sporran for you, take care of it and you got my vote.

Comment

Go Advanced & look for the paperclip thingy.....................(hope I'm not confusing anyone with the use of highly technical terms )
                    I swear it wasn't there yesterday...anywho, thanks sweety!!

Comment

Originally posted by John Kugler View Post
                      James, there is specific cal routine for initially setting it up or after the head is adjusted or something major like that. Otherwise it is a normal calibration. Let me find the routine and I'll get back to you.

John - How did you do that?

James.
                      The different between B&S and Sheffield machine is the error map reference point. On B&S it uses home position and the Sheffield uses MEA position (Measurement Enhancement Accuracy), it’s a calibration tool at a fixed location on the rock (painted red). Mechanical offset and master tip must be established at that location, if you don’t the error map became invalid/altered. “…MEA” tools for MEA location only. You must create another tool for a location other than MEA…all probe file must be qualified at MEA location.

BTW – why would anyone pay $250K for a machine that can do only basic scanning?
                      Thanks fella's.

It was used from a sister company.

Ya get what ya pay for. Our corporate monkey's did all the initial work on who was setting up the CMM and it was an aftermarket company. I asked about the MEA stuff because I know I had heard about it from people before on the forum. The guy looked at me like I was talking martian. I am calling someone that will set me straight.
                      Thanks again.
                      sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Thanks fella's.

It was used from a sister company.

Ya get what ya pay for. Our corporate monkey's did all the initial work on who was setting up the CMM and it was an aftermarket company. I asked about the MEA stuff because I know I had heard about it from people before on the forum. The guy looked at me like I was talking martian. I am calling someone that will set me straight.
                        Thanks again.
                        Why call? Post your questions here we’ll set you straight. You don’t think that we are worthy? This is a reputable organization; we have all kind of gurus here, you’re a mockerator you know that...Geeezzzz

Seriously, it all depends on who you talk to. B&S guys are clueless. Sheffield guys with no PC-DMIS experience would tell you how it works on MeasureMax which is slightly different from PC-DMIS but they can make it souds like they know what they're talking about…good luck!

Comment

I checked out the squareness of the head and ran the Sheffield Mea offset.

Thanks Lambo I had forgotten about that.

I do not know if it took as I am still off about .250 on the Y on my manual alignments

Scratch Scratch........
                          Cookie

Comment

I swear it wasn't there yesterday...anywho, thanks sweety!!
                            And yet another romance is born . . .
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ir a programmer View Post
                              And yet another romance is born . . .
                              Are you jealous?

Originally posted by Cookie View Post
                              I checked out the squareness of the head and ran the Sheffield Mea offset.

Thanks Lambo I had forgotten about that.

I do not know if it took as I am still off about .250 on the Y on my manual alignments

Scratch Scratch........
                              Did you select the right tool for mechanical offset?
                              Did you use master tip for mechanical offset?
                              Did you select the right tool for master tip?
                              Did you calibrate the master tip immediately after mechanical offset?
                              Did you say “YES” to both (mechanical offset and Master tip)?
                              Did you answer “NO” for the following tips?
                              Was the cal tool at the MEA location?
                              Did you rebuild your probe file(s) from scratch?

Comment