Machine Parameter OOT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machine Parameter OOT?

I am trying to calibrate a probe angle of A105 B180 and keep getting a TR_OUTOL, Machine Parameter Out of tolerance error. All the other probes calibrate just fine. ANyone know why I would be getting this error?
    sigpic

I wonder if some movement routine is trying to drive through the table or move the Z axis too low, have you calibrated any other A105 tips? Have you tried any 97.5 tips?
    Saving the world, one bad part at a time.

Comment

This error message usually means the probe is trying to move to a position outside the boundaries of the CMM.

B&S CHAMELEON/PCDMIS CAD++ V2011

There are no bugs, only "UNDOCUMENTED ENHANCEMENTS!"

sigpic

Comment

Yes I have calibrated a A105 B0 probe. The Cal sphere is in a position where the probe can be driven around it without going out of machine volume. For some reason the Coordinates it wanted to calibrate too were way out of machine position, but all the other probes calibrated just fine. I calibrated the probe manually. Next time I go to do a DCC calibration it will work. Had the same problem with the A105 B0 angle. I had to calibrate that one by hand also. Now it calibrates just fine in DCC calibration. JUst wondering if anyone knew why this happens?
        sigpic

Comment

That usually happens when the probehead is going to be too close to the table (the end of the soft Z-travel). I mounted my qual sphere on a 1 foot high piece of 1" diameter drill rod. Remember, the probe tries to position itself 3 -3.5" (default setting) from the sphere, normal to the probe angle. The longer the stylus setup, the closer it will be to the table. Heaven forbid you use a probe extention!!! You could try changing your check distance, sometimes that will let you get by the problem easy. You also can reduce the 3" offset in the probe utilities, but that can be dangerous!

Comment