User settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User settings

Here is an easy one for ya. We just got a second CMM running on 2009. Is there a way to copy some file from our other CMM to this one so that all of the settings are the same between the two machines? I am talking about the default precision, tool bars, fonts, etc. We would like them to be identical without having to actually go thru and check each setting on both machines.
    Last edited by Sean Steele; 06-09-2010, 04:44 PM.
    Thanks
    Sean Steele

Originally posted by Sean Steele View Post
    Here is an easy one for ya. We just got a second CMM running on 2009. Is there a way to copy some file from our other CMM to this one so that all of the settings are the same between the two machines? I am talking about the default precision, tool bars, fonts, etc. We would like them to be identicle without having to actually go thru and check each setting on both machines.
    Export the registry settings from one, import them on the other, this should get a LOT of it set the same ~ WARNING, beware if the controllers are not the same, this could screw up some things!!!! There will still be some things that have to be changed from "inside" Pcdmis, things that are NOT part of the registry. Remember, clicking on the DEFAULT button in Pcdmis (like, for ID SETUP) will SET defaults, NOT recall them. Things like this are NOT in the registry.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Thanks. Unfortunately our two controllers are not the same. I guess we will have to do it by hand. It has been so long since we set the other machine up, this is going to take some head scratching.
      Last edited by Sean Steele; 06-09-2010, 04:43 PM.
      Thanks
      Sean Steele

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Steele View Post
        Thanks. Unfortunately our two controllers are not the same. I guess we will have to do it by hand. It has been so long since we set the other machine up, this is going to take to head scratching.
        For the "things" within Pcdmis itself (not things in the registry) you can TRY copying a program from the "old one" to the "new one" and open it there. Then, go through each of the 5, 6 (?) setting pages that allow you to set defaults and click on the default button. This SHOULD (hopefully) set those defaults so any new programs made there will match the older machine.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

For every user, there is a folder created in the PC-DMIS files with that user's name. (Joe, John Smith, etc.) Copy and paste the contents of this folder over and you will have all the toolbars/layouts the same. You will still have to change the parameter settings, etc. manually.

Comment