Installing MCR20 probe changer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing MCR20 probe changer

I just started working at a shop with a Brown and Sharpe CMM running PC-DMIS 4.2 MR1. It has a MCR probe changer, but it is just sitting on the side being used as a module holder. I asked why it wasn't being used and nobody seemed to know.
    Right now the probe changer isn't showing up in PC-DMIS as existing on the CMM. So I can't even try to calibrate it and see if it works.
    How can I install/setup the probe changer so PC-DMIS recognizes that it is supposed to be there?

Thanks,

Jeff
    PC-DMIS 2016.0 SP8

Jeff

Originally posted by Schrocknroll View Post
    I just started working at a shop with a Brown and Sharpe CMM running PC-DMIS 4.2 MR1. It has a MCR probe changer, but it is just sitting on the side being used as a module holder. I asked why it wasn't being used and nobody seemed to know.
    Right now the probe changer isn't showing up in PC-DMIS as existing on the CMM. So I can't even try to calibrate it and see if it works.
    How can I install/setup the probe changer so PC-DMIS recognizes that it is supposed to be there?

Thanks,

Jeff
    As far as I know, the probe changer is an "EXTRA COST OPTION" for Pcdmis. That could very well be why they are not using it. Also, they may have BOG things to put on the table and the rack has to take table space away.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Yep, you need to have the module of the software activated in the HASP/Portlock to interface the rack with Pc-Dmis. It is possible to "hard program" all of the rack calibration and tip changes without using the Pc-Dmis software module, the Renishaw manual for the MCR 20 outlines the process, that would be very cumbersome and probably not worth the effort given how little it would save you vs. changing the modules by hand.

Once you have the HASP module activated just go to EDIT>PREFERENCES>PROBE CHANGER and the Calibrate tab

You need to use a 2x20 tip.

If probe changer is grayed out it means the software module is not active.

HTH
      sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
        ...they may have BOG things to put on the table.
        Beware the BOG things! Swamp creatures who have clawed themselves out of nightmare and legend! Rumor has it they have a secret alliance with The Demon!
        Jared Hess - Techwriter @ WAI
        [View 2008 Reporting Tutorials Here]

Comment