True position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True position

I know true position has been discussed before. But I still don't quite get it after reading these discussion. When I tried to find the true position of a cylinder to a plane using both Legacy or the other one (regular one?), the result is way too big (both methods). For my understanding, the length of the cylinder is needed to calculate the true position but the whole process of diemension the true position, the machine never asked that input. I have no idea how the Pc-Dmis internally calculates.

really? again? search it out... this one is dead... look up math definitions too, theres a sheet out there that outlines PCDMIS calculations.

Comment

Look in the help files under

Dimensioning Features/
      Dimensioning True Position/ Then click "AXIAL FEATURES"

This explains how to 'True Position' of an axial (cylinder in your case) feature.

HTH

B&S CHAMELEON/PCDMIS CAD++ V2011

There are no bugs, only "UNDOCUMENTED ENHANCEMENTS!"

sigpic

Comment

NOTE: If you have 'learned' the cylinder (not autofeature) the center of the cylinder is the symmetrypoint of all your probehits - not like autofeature where you specify the beginning (or the end) and start defining the feature from that. Not being aware of this, can give you very (not so) funny results.
        PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o21.2 SP2

Comment

If you want to check the result, you can create 2 planes perp to the plane (datum), 1st at the begin of cylinder, 2nd at the end. Then, you create pierce points of cylinder on those planes, and dimension points from plane. With an assignment, you can write Assign\V1=DIST3D({PT1},{PL1})-DIST3D({PT2},{PL1}) : this difference should be the same than the value of true position.

Comment