Issues with running my offline programs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with running my offline programs

I have been having some issues with running my offline programs with nominals and vectors changing when I run the program. When I program, I pick points off of CAD models for the initial manual alignment and then when DCC comes on and runs the alignment features my nominals and vectors change throughout the program. Intersect construction nominals change to coords out in space. I am running V3.7MR1 on MicroExel PFx’s. I do CAD = Part and all looks good during programming and offline simulation and this does not happen with all of my programs which troubles me because I know it is not something that I do different with each part program.
    Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
    Contura Calypso 5.4

Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

You don't use CAD=Part if the program was completely created off line. Also the FIRST thing you do when programming offline is measure and LEVEL one axis. Trust me.

Gabriel
    sigpic

Comment

The other thing you can do is create a 'dummy' alignment and save it as an external alignment, then recall THAT alignment in your offline program, first thing. Than, when the program goes to the machine, all they have to do is create a 'real' alignment program, save it to an external file, then change the recalled alignment in the 'offline' program.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by AndersI
      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Possible cause...
        Edit>Preferences>Setup...
        Check to see that you don't have "find nominals during execution" checked because if you had some numbers that you pulled from CAD that you then rounded, upon rerun you will get some changes. Did I make sense?

As far as the intersect stuf is concerned...
        Could it be work plane dependent stuff you are working with and have the wrong work plane chosen?
        sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

All of these parts (a large family of parts) are done in the ZPLUS workplane. Once I get the noms set up after the first DCC run all is good and after that nothing changes.

Matt, I recall the an external alignment in my offline and it is the same external alignment that is on the CMM.
          Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
          Contura Calypso 5.4

Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

Comment