Missing CAD

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Missing CAD



    Hello,

    At times like today for example, I opened an existing program and the CAD model had missing sections!
    I rebooted the system.
    I imported the step file again.
    This does not correct the situation.
    Can this be corrected or do you have to start all over again?

    Thank you,

    FUBAR

  • #2
    Have you manipulated the CAD in any way like hiding layers?
    To some the glass is half full
    To some it is half empty
    To me it is poorly designed by the Eng & Prod wants me to find a way to measure it in spec!

    Comment


    • #3
      Step file... Never found them any good with PCDmis. Iges work so much better for me.
      Kami

      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Slug Dawson View Post
        Have you manipulated the CAD in any way like hiding layers?
        I have not used that feature but will check on it.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by KamikazeKonrad View Post
          Step file... Never found them any good with PCDmis. Iges work so much better for me.

          +1....they send me step & I make them send me iges.....works much better for me.
          sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

          Comment


          • #6
            never had a problem with either file type
            sigpicRichie the Villian!!

            V4.2 MR1 CAD++/MISTRAL 10-07-07 DCC/XP

            Comment


            • #7
              We use IGES files here... but, I seem to remember an instructor once telling me that IGES were "the best" files to use. Cannot tell you as to why, but that stuck with me.

              Comment


              • #8
                +1 ,we used Cad & iges files with no problem
                im gonna miss you bob....

                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ruidoso View Post
                  +1 ,we used Cad & iges files with no problem
                  A lot of it depends on the person exporting the file (way too many are clueless as to settings) as well as the cad package they are coming from.

                  V3.2063 (BEST ever made!) had issues with IGES files made from one cad package. You could look at the data, see it is a flat surface, flat & square, yet an edge point made on ANY of the sides would come up with some totally stupid surface vector. A step file from the same package would show correct.

                  UG does a pisspoor job of exporting IGES (at least, in the hands of everyone I know) and there will be gaps, missing pieces, incorrectly trimmed pieces, you name it, it's there (too many stupid short-cuts in UG's generation of native data as well as export), but the STEP files are a little better. Still has issues with 3-edges round surface patches (like a corner when 3 filets come together), but generally enough to get what I need, either from one or a combination of both. UG sucks.
                  sigpic
                  Originally posted by AndersI
                  I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    UG ???.... Unigraphics?
                    im gonna miss you bob....

                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ruidoso View Post
                      UG ???.... Unigraphics?
                      yep
                      sigpic
                      Originally posted by AndersI
                      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Ok i think you mean like ugh! blagh you know something like that
                        im gonna miss you bob....

                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
                          A lot of it depends on the person exporting the file (way too many are clueless as to settings) as well as the cad package they are coming from.

                          UG does a pisspoor job of exporting IGES (at least, in the hands of everyone I know) and there will be gaps, missing pieces, incorrectly trimmed pieces, you name it, it's there (too many stupid short-cuts in UG's generation of native data as well as export), but the STEP files are a little better. Still has issues with 3-edges round surface patches (like a corner when 3 filets come together), but generally enough to get what I need, either from one or a combination of both. UG sucks.

                          Matt, the new version of UG (NX 7.0) is immeasurably better at exporting IGES files than previous versions.
                          I have just finished recreating 32 cad files for pcdmis using nx7 that had been initially done in nx5 and nx6 and its gotten rid of all the little niggly bits that used to drive me mad.
                          Roses are red
                          Violets are glorious
                          Don't try to sneak up
                          On Oscar Pistorius.

                          MIL-TFP-41C

                          3.7mr3, 2012mr1, 2013mr1

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by pwhitsa View Post
                            Matt, the new version of UG (NX 7.0) is immeasurably better at exporting IGES files than previous versions.
                            I have just finished recreating 32 cad files for pcdmis using nx7 that had been initially done in nx5 and nx6 and its gotten rid of all the little niggly bits that used to drive me mad.
                            Well, it certainly couldn't have gotten any WORSE, now could it? I am sure they are useing V5 here because V6 had serious issues with what they needed it for, don't know if they have V7 yet.
                            sigpic
                            Originally posted by AndersI
                            I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

                            Comment

                            Related Topics

                            Collapse

                            Working...
                            X