Profile of Line without Cad???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Profile of Line without Cad???

Need some ideas. Using 3.7 MR1. Did a short scan 1.5 inches about 25 points in the scan. Part is aligned. Can not get any profile data at all, comes up 0.000.
    I got min. and max. data, and this this is like a "S" on it side.

BS
    Windows 7
    Pc-Dmis 2015
    Global Performance 7-10-7

Without nominals for each and every touch, the first, initial scan will be the nominal, and that means you either need cad or YOU have to type in the nominals for each and every touch.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

what comes up 0.000 ?

I wud expect the t values to all be 0 as u have no cad data but u shud have x,y,z,i,j,k values
      sigpic

Comment

beat me 2 it Matt
        sigpic

Comment

It can be done with out CAD. Ok here we go:

Use AUTO features only!!

1) Circles and arc are easy:
          A) input basic dims ( XYZ, IJK and Diameter)
          B) Measure, and dimension as profile of line.

1) Planes are next:
          A) input basic dims ( XYZ, IJK and radial distance)
          B) Measure, and dimension as profile of surface.

1) Lines are a pain in the butt:
          A) input basic dims ( XYZ, IJK and use sine & cosines for compound angles)
          B) Measure, and dimension as profile of line.

basically You just pretended that your are going to measure true positon, but you click the profile of a lin icon instead.

OK?

Gabriel
          sigpic

Comment

Gabriel

Thanks for the Auto-feature ideas, Easier than the scan...

BS
            Windows 7
            Pc-Dmis 2015
            Global Performance 7-10-7

Comment

You can also pick up each point individually either with a auto vector point or just a plain old learned point. If for example your Z-axis is 0 then change the theoretical to 0 in all of your 25 points. If you use a paste with pattern then all you'd really need to do is measure your first point, change the theoretical to 0 and then copy and paste with pattern that way you don't need to change the theoretical in every point.

Next, create a feature set from the 25 points and then dimension the profile of the feature set.

Comment

I run into this a lot. Unfortunately I don't have models most of the time either. Problem arises when you have an irregular shaped surface or what to skip over stuff or holes. Then you HAVE to key in each nominal individually. Editing the feature and keying in the nominals / regenerating hit targets is not enough but SHOULD be. Is there some avenue to feed this stuff back to Hexagon and get them to look at some of this? When hit targets are regenerated and the features are properly defined the target points should come out correctly so that an accurate profile can be obtained.
                Bill Jarrells
                A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Comment