v4.1 minor problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v4.1 minor problem

ok I am shure this is my fault. I installed 4.1 this morning. I renamed my folder to save the previous version so it would not be lost. It was 3.7 mr3. now my machine seems to be of about .05 of a inch in -X & -Y. I just moved 1 progam in to new folder to try it out and this was the first minor problem. do i need to move any of the old files to this new version? Or am I on the wrong track here.
    Global Status 777 PC-DMIS 2014
    Windows 7
    ever stop to think and forget to start again?

You should have made a COPY of the older install directory, then installed the new version in the copy directory. There are probably MACHINE COMP FILES that you are missing now and that will make you out of calibration.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

also check to see if pc-dmis is actually using error compensation. the last few versions i had installed it was turned off as default.
      28 Years, 8 Months, 0 weeks and 1 Days until retirement...

Comment

where do I go to see if error comp is on or off.

Comment

Ok now
          I uninsalled and reinstalled to the copy previous version and every thing is ok ? but where is error comp also so i look at it and see if it is on or off?
          thanks Matt
          Global Status 777 PC-DMIS 2014
          Windows 7
          ever stop to think and forget to start again?

Comment

It will be in the SETTINGS EDITOR and it will depend on your controller. If you have a current SMA, your best bet would be to contact B&S and tell them you need INSTANT HELP (and if you are installing V4.1, you should be current). However, if you already had V3.5 or newer installed, the setting SHOULD already be set, the new install SHOULD NOT change it, but we all know that B&S likes to mess us all up by doing things the WRONG WAY.
            sigpic
            Originally posted by AndersI
            I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment