attention all Scanners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• attention all Scanners

so I have a solid of this insert and i need to scan it been messing with on and off for a couple of days can't really figure out what approach I should take will attach zip of iges for your viewing pleasure Thanks again in advance!
    Attached Files

With good information you could get better feed back!

With what I can see; measure plane, plane create intersect line. Measure plane create intersect line, plane - plane. Measure plane create plane - plane intersect line. Create center line between lines. Create center point, center line to plane.

Now you should be able to align to plane line intersect point.

Comment

sorry bout the lack of info this what i need to do we have this insert for which i made a solid from the vendor's print i want to scan it but not sure what type i'm thinking open line but what i'm looking for is how to figure out how to do the settings IE: pnts per mm also speed and so on i'm new to scaning

Comment

What are you tring to scan????

Comment

j.g...correct me if I'm wrong, but didnt you just take a B.S class in scanning?We are looking to you for answers.

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Carranza View Post
            What are you tring to scan????

Trying to scan an insert for one of our machining center's

Comment

Originally posted by cmmcaliguy View Post
              j.g...correct me if I'm wrong, but didnt you just take a B.S class in scanning?We are looking to you for answers.

You are correct took the class barley starting to use it need to get all the kiknk's worked out then hopefully i will be able to help you out!

Comment

As for the points/per, that's up to you, I guess. I don't have a scanning head, I'm TTP scanning. For "tight" areas (high rate of change), I will go 0.25mm between hits, open areas (low rate of change) I will go to 1 or 1.5 or 2 for the spacing, for what appear to be flats, I will crank it as high as 5.
                sigpic
                Originally posted by AndersI
                I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

the inserts pretty small that's where i'm having the problem

Comment

Originally posted by j.gonzalez View Post
                    the inserts pretty small that's where i'm having the problem
                    Small probe (1mm or less) and a tight spacing, like 10 per mm if you are using a scanning head. Go even smaller if you have a smaller probe. Now, as we all know, NOTHING in this world is perfect. If your head and probe are not absolutely perfectly straight and square, then you will have to break it up into smaller scan sections so you can use a probe angle to ensure that you don't shank out. As an example, on a square block, use A15,B45 to do the "left" and "rear" sides, then use A15,B-135 to do the "front" and "right" faces. Sorry I can't get any more detailed for a scanning hear since I don't have one, all I can do is pass on my tricks for the TTP scanning.
                    sigpic
                    Originally posted by AndersI
                    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
                      Small probe (1mm or less) and a tight spacing, like 10 per mm if you are using a scanning head. Go even smaller if you have a smaller probe. Now, as we all know, NOTHING in this world is perfect. If your head and probe are not absolutely perfectly straight and square, then you will have to break it up into smaller scan sections so you can use a probe angle to ensure that you don't shank out. As an example, on a square block, use A15,B45 to do the "left" and "rear" sides, then use A15,B-135 to do the "front" and "right" faces. Sorry I can't get any more detailed for a scanning hear since I don't have one, all I can do is pass on my tricks for the TTP scanning.
                      Thanks for the info!

Comment