Running same program on Manual and DCC machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running same program on Manual and DCC machines

Both machines use the same program and it's written on the DCC, how do you write a code to skip the simple manual alignment for the DCC when running the manual machine because it checks it again more accurately immediately after DCC mode is called? Is there a variable in PC-DMIS that has a true/false value for the DCC/manual mode? I'm running PC-DMIS 4.2 MR1. Thanks

Unmark the manual stuff?
    Lately, it occurs to me
    What a long, strange trip it's been.

2017 R1 (Offline programming)

Comment

Originally posted by John Riggins View Post
      Unmark the manual stuff?
      +1

Is it different on a manual machine though, since they're both actually manual alignments? You can always unmark the features individually if it's a problem though.
      Kami

sigpic

Comment

I have to ask why you would want too...the more accurate way to check it is in dcc...just curious
        sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

Comment yesno asking if you need the to run the manual alignment.
          Ifgoto sending it to a label....
          have the label after the manual alignment.
          When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
          sigpic

Comment

Hi, we have a manual and a DCC machine and sometimes we get swamped. We check the setup piece, in-process checks, and last piece, as well as PPAP, toolroom die pieces, capability studies, etc... Having one program that will run on either machine gives us more flexibility. Plus, we are in the process of switching from MeasureMax to PC-Demon and we have to rewrite all of our programs. I was hoping PC-DMIS had a true/false value on whether the machine was manual or DCC so I could use (If X=manual then skip simple DCC manual alignment with a label). Since it has error messages when you try to run a DCC program on the manual machine, I assumed that there was a way to tell from a programming standpoint and use it to my advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by John Kingston View Post
              Comment yesno asking if you need the to run the manual alignment.
              Ifgoto sending it to a label....
              have the label after the manual alignment.
              This is the answer you want
              sigpic

B&S Global 544
              Using 3.7mr3

Peace
              Greg

Nothin left ta dew but :) :) :) !

Comment