Cleaning Pad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning Pad

Good morning people....alittle help please (what's new?) Does anyone have a good supplier of that stupid little renishaw cleaning pad (pt# A-1085-0016)? Does anyone use any other methods of cleaning their mag bases on their TP20 tips besides using the "silly putty" pad as I call it? It does do the job and we lost our supplier. Thanx.....B
    Physics dictates to man why his world acts the way it does....Chemistry tells him why it smells the way it does.

we get ours here:

INSPEC Inc.
    7282 Haggerty Rd.
    Canton, MI 48187

(734)451-8740

Comment

I use poster putty available from any office supply. I have also used a Q-tip & denatured alcohol, just make sure you don't leave fibers from the Q-tip on the module.
      Perry
      B&S Mistral
      3.207 Beta on XP

Older'n dirt

Comment

How about using, mmm..., Silly Putty®?
        sigpic
        Global Advantage 12-22-10
        TESASTAR M SP25 4.3mr2

Comment

Originally posted by keego
          How about using, mmm..., Silly Putty®?
          I'd stay away from silly putty (for this anyway ). It doesn't hold together as well as the poster putty and you might get little bits of it left behind.

Comment

juicy fruit works well, just chew it first.

Comment

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Does Hubba Bubba work also?
              http://baggy3.info/signani3.gif
              Excercise your mind,..... muscle works better than fat!!

Comment

blackjack gum is the way to go :-)
                Since I gave up hope I feel much better !!!

Comment

WAL-MART has all the silly putty you need as well as the sticky pad or poster putty.

Comment

you could use polly dent to keep the tip from coming off, that way no dirt could get inside.

Comment

Putty....

Thanx people...some of the stuff you guys suggested I wouldn't dare use or trust around certain "co-working individuals" as I might find myself the victim of the newest design "arial projectile" from having an excess of putty lying about. Thanx! .....B
                      Physics dictates to man why his world acts the way it does....Chemistry tells him why it smells the way it does.

Comment