Where to find a B&S 7107 Owners Manual?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to find a B&S 7107 Owners Manual?

The question came up about how often to clean the scales on this machine(B&S 7107).
    I have Hex out yearly for Cal. and PM, but have never had to clean the scales myself.
    Does B&S or Hex have a document spelling out specific user maintenance requirements.
    I was under the impression that it is best not to touch the scales unless you get an error message.

Originally posted by Brucifer View Post
    The question came up about how often to clean the scales on this machine(B&S 7107).
    I have Hex out yearly for Cal. and PM, but have never had to clean the scales myself.
    Does B&S or Hex have a document spelling out specific user maintenance requirements.
    I was under the impression that it is best not to touch the scales unless you get an error message.
    I would agree with that, "DEPENDING"....

If your lab is 'clean', leave 'em alone
    If you lab is 'dirty', clean 'em once every couple months

If in a dirty lab, you get a piece of grit or a build-up of grit and it could end up making a scratch on the scales.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

I can’t remember the last time I actually saw an “Owner’s manual” for a specific CMM. Maybe the Cordax 1810 back in the 80’s ?

Zippo lighter fluid and lint free cloth works great.
      sigpic

Comment

My lab isn't "Clean Room" clean, but close. Seperate with independent HVAC. If I wasn't a coffee drinker, I wouldn't allow anything but water in the lab.

Comment

a light solvent and lint free cloth... like lighter fluid and a tec-wipe sorta thing. Cheese cloth works good too. Lighter fluid works well because it dries without a residue. Ive use IPA and Denatured too but I prefer the lighter fluid.

Comment

I found a Users Manual for our Xcel 7.6.5 (built in '92 ) on e-Bay and bought it. It does have a very nice section on user maintenance.
            DeWain Hodge

Comment

Use denatured alcohol and blue shop towels myself for cleaning the scales and surfaces the air barings ride on.

Comment

I was always told that Zippo brand lighter fluid leaves no residue.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Masters View Post
                  Agreed. I would use cosmetic cotton balls.

TK
                  sigpicHave a homebrew

Comment

Originally posted by tking View Post
                    agreed. I have cotton balls.

Tk
                    fify :d
                    sigpic

Comment

Here is a link for the cleaning of the scales on a BNS 9-15-9 from 1999.

GO HERE
                      sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

This really depends on the scales.

If you have Renishaw scales, you will be paying to replace them if you use anything stronger than 70% isopropyl (denatured is ok). Lighter Fluid, acetone, or anything that is a solvent will destroy the clear laminate on the scales.

In all cases:
                        The wiping material should always be 100% cotton, anything else runs the risk of scratching. Many wiping products are wood fiber based and will scratch.
                        Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

Originally posted by cmmguy View Post
                          This really depends on the scales.

If you have Renishaw scales, you will be paying to replace them if you use anything stronger than 70% isopropyl (denatured is ok). Lighter Fluid, acetone, or anything that is a solvent will destroy the clear laminate on the scales.

In all cases:
                          The wiping material should always be 100% cotton, anything else runs the risk of scratching. Many wiping products are wood fiber based and will scratch.
                          Thanks.

I didn't know that, but then, I've never used a machine that uses Renishaw scales unless Sheffield is using them on my new Pioneer.

Do you know ?
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks.

I didn't know that, but then, I've never used a machine that uses Renishaw scales unless Sheffield is using them on my new Pioneer.

Do you know ?
                            That goes for Mitutoyo machines too. The glass dont like solvents.
                            sigpic
                            A proud Vietnam Veteran. 1973-1974

Comment