Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IE 7.0 & PcDmis

Hi All,
    Has anyone tried using the new IE 7.0 and PcDmis at the same time? Downloaded IE yesterday and seems to work very well, until you try opening up the help file in PcDmis. We are immediatly shut down with a message about memory usage. This never has occured until IE 7.0 was installed. Has anyone else had this same problem?
    We are using 3.7mr3, Pentium 4, 512 mb ram and 128 mb video card. TIA.

Hey,.....

I remember Bill gates trying to introduce IE 4.0 a while back......

They were trying to induce remote access thru IE......

I still have the video clip...... hilarious.

Can you go back a version? I would....

http://baggy3.info/signani3.gif
    Excercise your mind,..... muscle works better than fat!!

Comment

Hi Paul,
      We are pretty much stuck with mr3 which has been pretty stable up to this point. As unstable as 4.0 is, hate to see the results of IE 7.0 and PcDmis 4.0 playing together, might not be a pretty sight. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Originally posted by firehaus
        Hi Paul,
        We are pretty much stuck with mr3 which has been pretty stable up to this point. As unstable as 4.0 is, hate to see the results of IE 7.0 and PcDmis 4.0 playing together, might not be a pretty sight. Thanks for the reply.

I think he meant go back a version of IE.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck
          I think he meant go back a version of IE.

This is correct. I have seen the Dmis4.0 issues, but new IE versions are best to wait for the gurus to prove out.

http://baggy3.info/signani3.gif
          Excercise your mind,..... muscle works better than fat!!

Comment

registry fix for errors using help files in pcdmis

try this...

It was given to me from tech sup a while ago

I don't know if it will fix your specific problem but its helpful for eliminating script errors when opening pcdmis help files
            Last edited by Mike N.; 08-28-2006, 11:29 AM.
            sigpiccall me "Plum Crazy"....but you only go around once!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike N.
              try this...

It was given to me from tech sup a while ago

I don't know if it will fix your specific problem but its helpful for eliminating script errors when opening pcdmis help files
              The file you attached in your post helps if some ActiveX controls used by the help files don't get properly registered for some reason or other through a normal installation of PC-DMIS. Note that in v4.0 and above the control d2hpopup.ocx included in the zip isn't needed.

But, I doubt this will help with the IE 7 problem.

I do know that the help file (.chm file format) needs an installation of IE in the background to function properly. I wonder if Microsoft's latest incarnation of IE is somehow affecting this.

I will look into it.
              Jared Hess - PC-DMIS Documentation Team Lead @ HMI
              [View 2008 Reporting Tutorials Here]

Comment

Thanks Jared. Billy boy just recently released the latest version which is a Beta 3. IE 7.0 moves along much quicker then the old IE not to mention Firefox. Thanks for the reply.

Comment