X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serialization error

Hello Everyone.

PC-DMIS 4.0

We had a power outage today and I was kicked out of a program I was building..
    I recovered the program (autosave) and I can not get it to run.

A window pops up that says:

Serialization error.

Error: this program was created with a PC-DMIS version later than this version..
    Please use current releases of PC-DMIS to activate this program.....

We have no ther versions of pc-dmis. This is a brand new install of version 4.0
    I tried to rename the program, with the same results..
    Hate to start over, as I had 4 hrs invested in it....

Any help would be appreciated..

Thanks.... Len

Could be a corrupted probe file. Go into the PC-DMIS directory and delete. Then open program and see if it helped and then build new probe file
    sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

Well Len, I have two good pieces of advice for you.

1) Download 3.7 MR3 and use it instead. It is a solid relatively bug free version. It took 2 MRs to get 3.5 right. 3.6 was scrap from the word go. It took 3 MRs to get 3.7 right. Do you see the progression?

2) Do not rely on auto save. It is a nice idea, but I have not found it to work worth diddly squat. Practice hitting Control+S. I have it down to a one handed reflex and when I am programming I have made it a habit after every feature, dim, alignment, etc. A quick control+s and the demon can't bite too hard.

HTH
      Last edited by Wes Cisco; 07-31-2006, 04:29 PM.
      sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

Amazing. We both had the exact same problem at the same time of day running two different versions of the software.
        ** "Well, ain't this place a geographical oddity. Two weeks from everywhere!"~ Ulysses Everett McGill **

Comment

Tried all of that...

I did try a new probe file and I do hit ctrl S a lot.
          Actually have auto save set at 2 min..

There seems to be a lot of bugs in 4.0... Nagging little bugs.

Looks like overtime AGAIN !!

Thanks everyone for the info.

Len

Comment

Did deleting the probe file help? I'm curious since I have the same problem...
            ** "Well, ain't this place a geographical oddity. Two weeks from everywhere!"~ Ulysses Everett McGill **

Comment

I will never use auto-save
              Have had too many instances when PC D-MIS crapped out during a write.
              The program is then corrupt and will not open (serialization error).

Comment

I tried...

Originally posted by d.evans
                Amazing. We both had the exact same problem at the same time of day running two different versions of the software.
                Good to hear from You...

I tried everything...... Deleted the probe file, (made a new one) )renamed the program) etc.. I think it's junk and I;ll have to start over agin..
                AnyWaY

Thanks for the interest and the idea's...
                I' don't think much of 4.0 and I'm hoping they will do something about it..
                there is some definit glitches in there for sure.

Take care and Happy measuring..!!

ps.. if there was a computer throwing comtest today.. I would have taken first place for sure!

Comment

Many different opinions out there.

autosave kills when you are in the middle of something.
                  I have successfully developed an OCD of hitting Ctrl+S.

PC-Dmis has enough issues saving without having the autosave running in the background as well.

We have had the same thing happen to our programs in 3.7 MR1. Reprogrammed all.

Now, where is my coffee,....... oh, there it is...... CYA
                  http://baggy3.info/signani3.gif
                  Excercise your mind,..... muscle works better than fat!!

Comment

Wow, I had the same thing last Friday. I lost at least 6 hours of work to this serialization error. It seems to me to have something to do with the model. I had been religiously saving using Ctrl+S. Still, I lost everything. I was saved by having copied my original program, before I started to make the changes.

I also use 4.0. It behaves quite nicely, usually. But this serialization issue is a drag.

I do not use AutoSave because it produced too many hang-ups for me.

Jan.
                    PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
                    Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

Comment