Stepping down a part program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stepping down a part program

I am trying to step down a part program from 3.5mr2 to 3.2063.
    Can it be done with 3.5mr2, and if so will someone please give me the steps to do so?

Not sure about that version.
    With V3.7 there is a drop-down in the Save-As dialog box:
    Lately, it occurs to me
    What a long, strange trip it's been.

2017 R1 (Offline programming)

Comment

John nailed it, SAVE AS and then use the drop down to select the version you want to save back to.

Bill

Comment

You MIGHT have some problems with features or functions that are available in V3.5MR2 are not there in V3.2063. Some feature construction must be kept as basic as possible.
        Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
        Contura Calypso 5.4

Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

Comment

I decided to try stepping down my part program from v3.7 to 3.206, but I still get the (SERIALIZATION ERROR: ERROR ALT).
          On both v3.5 and 3.7 I did a save as and saved the part program in the 3.2063 parts folder, but when I try to open it in 3.2063 I get the error.
          Am I missing a step?

Comment

Originally posted by Geister View Post
            I decided to try stepping down my part program from v3.7 to 3.206, but I still get the (SERIALIZATION ERROR: ERROR ALT).
            On both v3.5 and 3.7 I did a save as and saved the part program in the 3.2063 parts folder, but when I try to open it in 3.2063 I get the error.
            Am I missing a step?
            Probably trying to use a PROBE FILE that is still set for the newer version. V3.5 and up uses the REGISTER to store paths, before that it was done with the INI file in the windows directory.
            sigpic
            Originally posted by AndersI
            I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Can you please tell me how I can avoid the tool file problem. I know where the v3.206 tool file grabs from, but I don't understand why when I open the stepped down program file in v3.206 it would grab from the v3.7 folder.

Comment