Catia V5 & Unigraphics Cad translator issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catia V5 & Unigraphics Cad translator issues

We have a Catia V4, Catia V5, and Unigraphics tranlsator on one of our machines. We purchased it about a year and a half ago. In the last month or so we have been having problems importing V5 and Unigraphics files. Immediately after trying to import the file we get an error: "BAD CAD UNITS". I'm thinking that maybe the translator is out of date due to newer versions of the cad software...I'm just curious if anyone else has been having the same problem?
    sigpic
    Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
    PCDMIS 2012
    Windows Office XP

I am..

Originally posted by rangerboat72
    We have a Catia V4, Catia V5, and Unigraphics tranlsator on one of our machines. We purchased it about a year and a half ago. In the last month or so we have been having problems importing V5 and Unigraphics files. Immediately after trying to import the file we get an error: "BAD CAD UNITS". I'm thinking that maybe the translator is out of date due to newer versions of the cad software...I'm just curious if anyone else has been having the same problem?
    I am having the same problems, but as you know I'm using the same translater!!! I guess it doen't matter if I'm on the other side of the CMM room
    sigpicRegards,
    Donald Henger
    B&S Micro Excel Pfx
    3.5mr2 & 3.7mr3
    PHH10MQ, TP20 & TP2
    Country Rocks,But Bluegrass RULES!!!

Comment

hej i don't have a tanlator but check if your setting are mertic or inch

Comment

We are experiancing the same type of problems with KEYCREATOR
        usually The cad dept will just resave until it fixes itself or uploads ok
        DR Watson shut me down again !!!! :mad: Smoke break:eek:

Comment

Thanks for the info. We are having our cad guys create .iges & .step files from them but it's been a real pain in the **** if you know what I mean. Our cad guys are 4hrs away and some of the cad files were created in Germany which I've been told by some of our designers may also be part of our translation issues...
          sigpic
          PCDMIS 2012
          Windows Office XP

Comment

I had the same problems. What I did is have the cad guys save it backwards one version before translating it. That seems to work ok. I also use the Rayco Fixture Builder to translate my cad. It is cheaper then the normal translator and it gives the translation for a verity of cad packages. In fact I have been installing it on my customers machines and they love it. They just have the cad guys send it down as is and then they change it to iges or step. If you call Rayco give them my name and they will set you up with a little bit of a discount for the package.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'll have to see if I can get the boss to purchase the Rayco software. I really doubt that's going to happen though. His statement to me the other day was: "I just paid the $13,000 for the SMA on all of our machines, B&S needs to get off their **** and fix the problem." Well, that was over a week ago and technical support still hasn't been able to help. They supposedly aren't able to import it??? Our third party source was able to import it but they aren't using PC-DMIS translators???
              sigpic
              PCDMIS 2012
              Windows Office XP

Comment

DMIS--Catia--UG

We have Catia V4 & UG NX2. We have also been having some import/export issues between packages. Seems Catia doesn't like the iges files DMIS exports. If we import the same file into UG then export a "new" iges file from UG, Catia likes that. Go figure.....
                sigpic:eek: Bring out the comfy chair!:eek:

Comment