Adding move points in auto features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding move points in auto features

I got some diameters that need measuring. Problem is that there are features that overhang the diameter so I cannot do a full 360 check. I do not have a large enough disc probe to around this.

I know I can manually drag hits on the feature but I want to keep the hits evenly spaced. I've been looking into trying to put move points between some hits to avoid these areas. Is this possible, and does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
    I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
    PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
    PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

As far as I know you can not put move points in any auto feature.

Comment

Yes Underspec you can put move points anywhere you want them in a taught feature. Auto I can't speak for. If you are off line and can't teach just hit enter > type meas > and hit tab then edit away.

Craig
      <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Craiger is correct, you can insert move points into a "learned" feature. But, you cannot add move points to Auo-features. I know because I asked the same question many moons ago. It would be nice though wouldn't it?
        sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

4.1 better have it They have the ability to drag hits already, all it is, is to add the ability to insert / drag a move point!
          I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
          PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
          PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

Do you have more than one feature overhanging the diameter. If not you can edit start and stop angles as well as vectors to make probe do what you want.

Comment

A way you could do it to keep your points equaly spaced is to divide your dia. into however many hits you wanted ( 360 divided 8 places = 45 deg)then rotate your part by alignment then use vector points.then you can put your move points were you want them.recall you orginal alignment and construct your circle from those points.

Comment

Just learn the feature with at least three hits. Then F9 enter then number of hits you want, click regenerate hits, click ok, click ok to equally space hits. Run the feature extra extra slow. Count the hits. When it is going to hit something stop it, cancel the execution and insert move points in between the necessary hits.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck
                  Just learn the feature with at least three hits. Then F9 enter then number of hits you want, click regenerate hits, click ok, click ok to equally space hits. Run the feature extra extra slow. Count the hits. When it is going to hit something stop it, cancel the execution and insert move points in between the necessary hits.
                  Yes, thank you. This will give you a quick trouble free way of doing it. The only easier solution would involve an animated avatar.

Craig
                  <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment