Reporting with 4.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reporting with 4.0

I have never used Hyper reporting. Now thanks to 4.0 it seems like I have no choice. Is there any tips basic or advanced that you all could share.

Is there a way to by-pass hyper reporting on 4.0

Sure you have a choice. Install V 3.7 MR3. Have you looked into how bad 4.0 sucks? Do you know that B&S is recommending that you not run 4.0? Reporting is just the beginning of your problems my friend. Hopefully James Manes will step in. He advanced to higher versions the right way. aka not head first.

James...............
    <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

There is NO hyper-reporting in V4.0 and up. It is all a 'special' template system. Programs that use hyper-reports will still (so I have been told) use them, but no alterations are possible to those hyper-reports. According to B&S and Wilcox, this new template system is 'better' than the old system. As to how to use it, I couldn't tell you and I will never use it. I had been working on my own system and it is now 100% in place, I'll never use Pcdmis reporting again. I have not even gotten my V4.0 disk, so I have not installed it. Also, I have heard that V4.0 is a lot like V3.6, a version you shouldn't use. I know this won't help you, but upgrade to the V4.1, maybe it will be a little easier for you.

As for the reporting, were you offer a choice when installing, to install EVERYTHING or just a MINIMUM install? If you didn't install everything, you might not have gotten all the templates. Just an idea.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by AndersI
      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

From Potato Head's post it sounds like he wants to by-pass Hyper-Reports?
        Potato Head as the other guys said don't worry there is no Hyper-Report creation in 4.0 or higher.
        There are Report Templates. As I have been working on the introduction of 4.1 to our entire facility, I have yet to study in depth the reporting function (creation of my own report templates). I have been using the stock Report Template "text only" and so far this has been sufficient. As far as creating templates goes, I think that if there isn't a class for this by BNS there should be. I would rather waste a day or two learning the correct way to make my own reports than sit there and bumble my way through.
        This is the next generation of pc-dmis and so far I have no real complaints. The graphics screen is much quicker responding and resembles SOLIDWORKS a great deal. All auto-features now have the 1 click capability (auto-cone and auo-cylinder did not have this prior to 4.0)

Nice add-ons!!!
        sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

James.
          Not sure if this is just new to v 4 I'm still at 3.5 but I was told when you layer a cad file there is a saw blade looking icon that you use and makes it a lot easier to do.. Have you worked on any of this?
          sigpic
          if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Comment

This option has been available since 3.7 was introduced. It is called "Clip Planes". I don't know that it is used in the layering of the CAD as I don't have the need usually to do that (I got enough juice to move the whole model around as one entity). But I do use the clip planes feature to look at a cored hole cut in half. It makes it real easy to choose your three points at the top and three points at the bottom. You don't have to choose 3 and 3 in 4.0 and above but it is an option.
            sigpic

James Mannes

Comment