Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi you all.

Just a short introduction and one or two questions on the board.
    My name is Hans and i am working as a application engineer with the National aerospace Laboratoru in the Netherlands. We are a department which designs and fabricates wind tunnel models, manly aircrafts. So we only measure 3D surfaces like wings and fuselage.
    We use a DEA Scirocco with teh PCDmis 3.7 mr1.

First question;
    When printing I often get a window which says HASP not found. If I want to continue with a program I have to wait till the printjob has been finished or otherwise the chance is high that there will occure a close down of PCDmis which will cause the loss of any unsafed data.... Any suggestions?

Second question;
    I often get a PCDLRN.exe message which states that a specific part of the memory could not be read?? The only option is t o terminate the program!!

Third question;
    When I perform a 2 or 3D best fit we like to explain to our customers, when we present the output data, how PCDMis handeld the data. Does anyone know exactly through which algoritmes the translation and rotation data is calculated and what happens first, translation (on which axes) or rotation??

Thanks in advances and I hope to contribute to the forum as much as possible, aslong as I know how to express myself in English.

QUESTION #1
    I would guess that the problem is that you have a portlock that plugs into the printer port and your printer is plugged into the portlock. Easiest fix, change to a USB printer.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Welcome to the board, Hans.

Regarding your first question, I have heard that some users experience problems using a parallel port lock with the printer cable connected to the port lock. (Is your port lock USB or parallel? Printer - USB or parallel?) The only suggestion I can offer is to connect the printer to a USB port if possible.

Hope this helps, maybe one of the gurus who have had these problems can answer your questions better.

Edit: Good morning, Matt. I'm a slow typer.
      v2013 MR1, v2015.1
      B&S Global 544, 555
      Mitutoyo A504 w/PC-DMIS

sigpic
      Since 1994

Never force anything. Get a bigger hammer.
      (Advice from my dad.)

Comment

They got the first one right. Switch to a USB printer.

Well, for the second question. I seem to remember seeing this a lot when we were running 3.7 mr1. If you could update to 3.7 mr3 (have you paid your sma $?) I think that might help.

Oh, and welcome!

Comment

Howdy! Welcome to the forum. Your English was fine for me

TK
          sigpicHave a homebrew

Comment

Welcome Hans,

3.7 MR3 is a more polished and stable version of the software. It is what 3.7 should have been evolved to before it was released. Upgrading should solve a lot of your shut down problems.
            Your english is better then some of my co-workers, and I am refering to natural born citizens! But should you run into a communication problem I can highly recommend Bablefish, which can be found @ altavista.com. It is great for short phrases and sentences. And the name comes from a fantastic book by Douglas Adams. HTH

P.S. The search tool at the top of the forum is very helpful. Many of the questions you may have probably already have a thread or two out there if you look. There are many very knowledgable people who visit this board often, so any problem you may have is likely to get a quick response here.
            sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Cisco
              Welcome Hans,

3.7 MR3 is a more polished and stable version of the software. It is what 3.7 should have been evolved to before it was released. Upgrading should solve a lot of your shut down problems.
              Your english is better then some of my co-workers, and I am refering to natural born citizens! But should you run into a communication problem I can highly recommend Bablefish, which can be found @ altavista.com. It is great for short phrases and sentences. And the name comes from a fantastic book by Douglas Adams. HTH

P.S. The search tool at the top of the forum is very helpful. Many of the questions you may have probably already have a thread or two out there if you look. There are many very knowledgable and eccentric people who visit this board often, so any problem you may have is likely to get a quick response here.
              Notice my edit.

Comment

Hey, who do you think you are calling eccentric? Just because Paul sometimes likes to be Paula and John has that thing with the Llamas and Craiger likes photos of rapid nasal hydraulic expulsion and I like Whiskey and DaddyBluto likes good gramar and Bw-Bob lives on stilts and TMiller prefers his wife to us guys and Dfiola tried to use banned anatomy for his avatar and James likes Ozzy and Matt like Hooters and Cumofo likes. . . well we won't get into that. . . you get the idea, just your average cross-section of the general population.

Comment

Hey, who do you think you are calling eccentric? Just because Paul sometimes likes to be Paula and John has that thing with the Llamas and Craiger likes photos of rapid nasal hydraulic expulsion and I like Whiskey and DaddyBluto likes good gramar and Bw-Bob lives on stilts and TMiller prefers his wife to us guys and Dfiola tried to use banned anatomy for his avatar and James likes Ozzy and Matt like Hooters and Cumofo likes. . . well we won't get into that. . . you get the idea, just your average cross-section of the general population.
                  hey I never siad it had to be my wife
                  sigpic
                  if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Comment

No, if it were the average cross-section of the general population we would all be too busy shopping at wal-mart to post here...

OK, I shouldn't be hi-jacking this guy's first thread especially since he isn't here to defend himself.

What tking and Wes said about your english.

Did you guys know there are more people learning english in China than there are native speakers of the language?

Comment

Welcome to the board Hans.
                      sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck

OK, I shouldn't be hi-jacking this guy's first thread especially since he isn't here to defend himself.
                        Never stopped us before.

Comment

Welcome to the PCMDIS Forum Hans!!
                          sigpic

Comment

RUN WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!!

Seriously, welcome to the board.
                            sigpic GO LEAFS GO!!!

Stay true to your friends, 'cause they'll save you in the end.
                            -Sam Roberts

Comment

Welcome Hans,

P.S. The search tool at the top of the forum is very helpful. Many of the questions you may have probably already have a thread or two out there if you look. There are many very knowledgable people who visit this board often, so any problem you may have is likely to get a quick response here.
                              Don't mind Wes, he thinks everyone knows what's going on at all times. Just post if you need help. Someone who just joined might have an answer which has not been previous posted!

Welcome.
                              I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
                              PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
                              PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment