Patch Scans - V3.5MR2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch Scans - V3.5MR2

Doing patch scans without CAD (reverse engineering). Having lots and lots of problems, re: completes scan and does 'power exit' when calculating the points, doesn't recognize boundary points properly, gets lost near end of scan & cannot continue with manual points .

We have current SMA (edit: In fact, I got V4.0 in the mail just after I posted this), but I don't want to go past V3.7MR3 at this point. It appears, on this forum at least, to be the most improved (fewer bugs) version.

In your own specific experience will I improve my scanning by upgrading to a later version?
    Last edited by johnboy; 07-26-2006, 04:10 PM.

John,

that is odd you are having issues with 3.5mr2. I use that V also and found the patch scan to work "ok". I never had a power exit, but I have seen it travel past the boundary points on several occasions and on multiple rows within the scan. I found that for some reason the scanspeed had some adverse affect when jacked up to a "manager friendly" speed. It would overshoot the boundary almost every time. I use a SP600 with 3.5mr2.

Try looking into a similar topic regarding scanning....."control points"
    this seemed to help me on some occasions

hope this helps
    sigpiccall me "Plum Crazy"....but you only go around once!

Comment

Thanks Mike

I'm using TP200 and the part I'm scanning has some very steep slopes which requires me to use excessive prehit/retract. In a nutshell it is VERY SLOW! I wish I had a SP600 or later analog probe, at least I could scan / re-scan faster.

I've used patch scans before on 'flatter' parts with no problems.
      Last edited by johnboy; 07-26-2006, 04:11 PM.

Comment