Tacho / Overspeed Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tacho / Overspeed Error

Does anybody have any idea why the following errors would start showing up on the CMM? (we run PC-Dmis3.7 MR3 on a B&S Global - Status machine)

Move in X plus, ok length of scale
    Move in X minus, error anywhere on scale - TR_FG146, X Tacho Error
    Move in Y plus, error anywhere on scale - TR_FG147, Y Tacho Error
    Move in Y minus, error anywhere on scale - TR_FG16e, Overspeed Error
    Movwe in Z plus, error - TR_FG148, Z Tacho Error
    Move in Z minus, ok length of scale

About 2 weeks ago we were getting an Overspeed error in the X direction. I cleaned all the scales, took a look at the encoder, saw no obstructions. Machined moved a little better, but still had the error. I moved the encoder slightly closer to the scale and the problem dissappeared.

I searched the forum on overspeed and tacho errors and I saw suggestions ranging from dirty scales, bad motors, bad encoders, to machine being locked down. Any suggestions why this would start happening to almost all directions at the same time? Could it be something in the controller? The machine will still run, but only at 20% speed on the jogbox.
    sigpic
    If A Pretty Poster And A Cute Saying Are All It Takes To Motivate You,
    You Probably Have A Very Easy Job. The Kind Robots Will Be Doing Soon.

I had an overspeed error not too long ago. It was a pully for one of the drive belts slipping on one of my axis. Not sure if that helps since you have a problem on all axis. How old is your machine? Mine was only 3 years old when it happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Sinned View Post
      Does anybody have any idea why the following errors would start showing up on the CMM? (we run PC-Dmis3.7 MR3 on a B&S Global - Status machine)

Move in X plus, ok length of scale
      Move in X minus, error anywhere on scale - TR_FG146, X Tacho Error
      Move in Y plus, error anywhere on scale - TR_FG147, Y Tacho Error
      Move in Y minus, error anywhere on scale - TR_FG16e, Overspeed Error
      Movwe in Z plus, error - TR_FG148, Z Tacho Error
      Move in Z minus, ok length of scale

About 2 weeks ago we were getting an Overspeed error in the X direction. I cleaned all the scales, took a look at the encoder, saw no obstructions. Machined moved a little better, but still had the error. I moved the encoder slightly closer to the scale and the problem dissappeared.

I searched the forum on overspeed and tacho errors and I saw suggestions ranging from dirty scales, bad motors, bad encoders, to machine being locked down. Any suggestions why this would start happening to almost all directions at the same time? Could it be something in the controller? The machine will still run, but only at 20% speed on the jogbox.
      I'm having the same problem "overspeed error" in the z direction and thought about also moving the encoder closer to the scale, but I was afraid that it would effect the calibration. Do you know if this has an effect on Calibration?

Comment

check you controller card ....

may be there are the error

Comment

bad week for X-axis

On a Global Image (circa 2005)
          Had overspeed errors in -X.(TR_FG16e)
          Had lagspeed errors in -X.(forget code)
          Problem went from first annoyance to inoperative in less than 1-1/2 days.
          As mentioned? Slowing movespeed worked, but had to progressively slow machine until even 2 lights on jogbox created error. (i suppose I was playing ostrich with obvious problem)
          Solution? Loose bolts attaching X-axis belt. (and i mean LOOSE)
          Props to Mike @ Hexagon hardware tech support. He saved us some serious
          wampum on a service call.
          It was mentioned that this was a rarity as far as he knew, but just thought I'd post the experience.

Comment

We had bearings failed in the Y axis drive system (Global 7-10-7), same errors (Y axis). Replaced the bearings (myself), errors gone. Depends how comfortable you are as a "mechanic". By the by, I used to do that for a living for Sheffield so I was pretty confident of my ability.

Good luck,

TK
            sigpicHave a homebrew

Comment

PC Dmis V4.3 This happened again the other day - the machine would jerk suddenly in the Z direction and give me an (overspeed error). When this happens - I would shut everything down and try it again later. This time I simply restarted the computer and the problem went away. I hope this helps.

Comment

B&S H3000 machine

When i have the same problem in X, Y or Z, every time the problem is the cable motor, only change the cable and the problem is empty.

But now have a problem when the wrist make a move in A or B, have the speed in the jogbox in 20%, if you can help me, thanks a lot.

Comment