Profile - All faces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Profile - All faces

I have a drawing of a small rectangle piece. The length, width and thickness are all 3 basic dimensions with a callout of Surface Profile of .010 to ALL FACES. How would I go about getting this on the CMM?
    ~Josh~ Giles Rescue "Ut ceteri vivant"

Originally posted by jkb_mcg View Post
    I have a drawing of a small rectangle piece. The length, width and thickness are all 3 basic dimensions with a callout of Surface Profile of .010 to ALL FACES. How would I go about getting this on the CMM?
    All points you check will be +/-0.005, that's about all that means. "ALL FACES" is simply a short-cut to put all tol in a single FCF instead of making one for each surface/face of the part.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

But how am I to check all these features at one time since its a 2D feature? Just use Vector Points and construct a feature set? I would like to just use calipers and verify the +/- .005 but not sure how to report the actual profile

Comment

But how am I to check all these features at one time since its a 2D feature? Just use Vector Points and construct a feature set? I would like to just use calipers and verify the +/- .005 but not sure how to report the actual profile
        Don't need to check them all at once, unless you want a single dimension for the entire thing. Single points, all dimensioned at +/-0.005. If you want a single dimension for the report, you can check all the single points, construct a feature set, dimension the feature set. It will be correct as long as each individual point has the correct THEO values.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Any profile is a 3d feature.
          Sounds like someone has used a profile tol for planar faces.
          Just report flatness and position if they are planar.
          If not you need a model to work to to compare a feature set to.
          Roses are red
          Violets are glorious
          Don't try to sneak up
          On Oscar Pistorius.

MIL-TFP-41C

3.7mr3, 2012mr1, 2013mr1

Comment

You need to do a 3D best fit to check all surfaces at the same time.
            sigpic GDTPS - 0584

Comment

Is this just Profile(form) or Profile to datum(form and location)
              sigpic...engineering

Comment

Sorry guys...I'm tied up on another problem...I'll keep checking in on this thread. Thanks for all the input so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Obelix View Post
                  Is this just Profile(form) or Profile to datum(form and location)

Funny thing is...it doesn't even have any datum callouts. Its just Profile of .010 "All Surfaces"

Comment

Funny thing is...it doesn't even have any datum callouts. Its just Profile of .010 "All Surfaces"

3D Best Fit, like I said before.
                    sigpic GDTPS - 0584

Comment