Running 2 different versions of pcdmis on one computer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running 2 different versions of pcdmis on one computer?

Can two different versions of pcdmis software run on one computer/CMM, if so how can I make them run separately? I am asking this because I have 2 versions on my computer, 3.2063 and 3.07, but when I try to open a 3.07 part program it always tries to open in the 3.2063. Of course I get a prompt telling the program was written in a later version and can not open.

It tries to open it in v3.2063 because the program associated with the .PRG extension is the v3.2063 (I guess that version is the one that were latest installed).

when I try to open a 3.07 part program it always tries to open in the 3.2063. Of course I get a prompt telling the program was written in a later version and can not open.
    Are you sure it's not the other way around? A 3.07 program *should* open fine in v3.2063, since the 3.2063 is later than 3.07?

You can have them run separately, just take a look at the 'similar threads' at the end of this thread. Not a walk in the park, though - and make sure you have backups if you choose to walk that path...
    PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o22.2 SP2

Comment

Originally posted by vpt.se View Post
      It tries to open it in v3.2063 because the program associated with the .PRG extension is the v3.2063 (I guess that version is the one that were latest installed).

Are you sure it's not the other way around? A 3.07 program *should* open fine in v3.2063, since the 3.2063 is later than 3.07?

You can have them run separately, just take a look at the 'similar threads' at the end of this thread. Not a walk in the park, though - and make sure you have backups if you choose to walk that path...
      Yeah, you'll have to OPEN Pcdmis, then open the file, not double-click on a program.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by AndersI
      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

oops

Sorry that's 3.207

Comment

I had 2 versions on the same pc...........had them in 2 seperate folders.....also had seperate probe files so always had to remember to change edit/search path settings..it can be done
          sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

Originally posted by Geister View Post
            Can two different versions of pcdmis software run on one computer/CMM, if so how can I make them run separately? I am asking this because I have 2 versions on my computer, 3.2063 and 3.07, but when I try to open a 3.07 part program it always tries to open in the 3.2063. Of course I get a prompt telling the program was written in a later version and can not open.
            I have 5 different versions on my OFFLINE seat.
            It is not difficult to set up using regedit commands to update the registry before loading the relevant pcdlrn.exe
            You must have set up the pcdmis install correctly before installing new versions or this will not work.
            It is not quite as straight forward on an ONLINE seat as the registry entries have to be very carefully done so as to not create conflicts with the controller and the different versions.
            I do not use multiple versions on the cmms as it isn't necessary.
            I can convert any program on my pc and run it offline to see if it works.
            There are instructions on how to do multiple installs available if you do a search.
            Why do you have 2 versions?
            If its on a live cmm one version is all you need.
            Im stuck with 5 because i have 10 cmms in the factory with everything from v3.5 to 2009mr1 (new cmm) and the bean counters wont let me upgrade the old ones. There are also 4 MM4 seats and 3 Quindos 6 seats.
            Try keeping track of that lot!!!
            Roses are red
            Violets are glorious
            Don't try to sneak up
            On Oscar Pistorius.

MIL-TFP-41C

3.7mr3, 2012mr1, 2013mr1

Comment