ALIGNMENT/TRANS,XAXIS,CIR1
    ALIGNMENT/TRANS,ZAXIS,CIR1
    ALIGNMENT/TRANS,YAXIS,LIN1
    ALIGNMENT/LEVEL,ZMINUS,PLN1
    ALIGNMENT/END

is the set-up of this alignment bad

A1 =ALIGNMENT/START,RECALL:STARTUP,LIST=YES
    ALIGNMENT/ROTATE,XPLUS,TO,LIN1,ABOUT,ZPLUS (ZMINUS is leveled above)
    ALIGNMENT/TRANS,ZAXIS,CIR1 (PLN1 ABOVE)
    ALIGNMENT/END

There are several possible problems here. By rotating about ZPLUS your X Axis is probably running the opposite direction that you intended.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill McCafferty View Post
      A1 =ALIGNMENT/START,RECALL:STARTUP,LIST=YES
      ALIGNMENT/ROTATE,XPLUS,TO,LIN1,ABOUT,ZPLUS (ZMINUS is leveled above)
      ALIGNMENT/TRANS,ZAXIS,CIR1 (PLN1 ABOVE)
      ALIGNMENT/END

There are several possible problems here. By rotating about ZPLUS your X Axis is probably running the opposite direction that you intended.

Bill
      Follow what Bill has done with your alignment and use as "The Rule for Alignments".

When building a full alignment always, level 1st, rotate 2nd and origin last in that order. As a habit I build start alignments then go through the datums as needed for FCF's and create my alignment as I measure each feature. Once through with measuring all of the features required I will build the complete alignment as Bill has done and always maintain the same order as shown below.

Code:
      A_B_SLOT   =ALIGNMENT/START,RECALL:ST2, LIST= YES
                  ALIGNMENT/LEVEL,ZMINUS,PL_A
                  ALIGNMENT/ROTATE,XPLUS,TO,LIN_B,ABOUT,ZPLUS
                  ALIGNMENT/TRANS,XAXIS,SLT_ST
                  ALIGNMENT/TRANS,YAXIS,SLT_ST
                  ALIGNMENT/TRANS,ZAXIS,PL_A
                  ALIGNMENT/END
      Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
      Contura Calypso 5.4

Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

Comment

I would like to take a screen capture and bring it into the forum for a visual aid in helping trouble shoot my problems, i am not sure how to do this.

Comment

...use your print screen button...open MS Paint and paste it in...save the file....

Comment

print screen copy to paint

Comment

[ATTACH]5338[/ATTACH]

Comment

For a small fee... my last workplace bought a program called Snag-it. Wonderful little program for taking screen captures, allow editing and adding things and pdf conversion all in one. Last I knew it was like $50. We used to get a lot of large pdf prints. Allowed me to balloon prints much faster than screen dumps / save / paint / pdf converter and so on. It's worth the free trial to see if you like it.
                Horizontals - Dual Arm 40-17-21 / Single Arm 30-14-16 - PCD 2013MR1 (64bit)

Comment

...For a small fee... my last workplace bought a program called Snag-it.
                  +1
                  excellent utility software. Another great product from TechSmith is Camtasia Studio. Can't be beat for capturing animations from the screen......

and for what it's worth? In my beginner's binder I got from original Demon training, it says never rotate before leveling......ergo, I concur 100% with Bill

Comment

"When building a full alignment always, level 1st, rotate 2nd and origin last in that order."

As DWADE said, that is your issue, nothing else, other than translating z origin to a 2d circle.
                    Jim Jewell

Comment

Originally posted by jjewell View Post
                      "When building a full alignment always, level 1st, rotate 2nd and origin last in that order."

As DWADE said, that is your issue, nothing else, other than translating z origin to a 2d circle.
                      jonas - this is "GOSPEL".......KWIM?
                      ignore it at your own risk
                      sigpic
                      Originally posted by Ironhoe
                      I got something under my sporran for you, take care of it and you got my vote.

Comment

In training we stress: "Level then rotate then origin". It's the safest. YES there are times you can do it out of order and get what you want, but take no chances.
                        --Brian

"The best way to predict the future is invent it. This includes your very next action."

Support: Hexagon Metrology Support Center
                        Training: Hexagon Metrology University

Comment