Pictures for Probe Configurations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures for Probe Configurations

Is it possible to link a picture to a probe configuration?

I know that for experienced operators, you can pull up the calibrate probe window and see a graphic of what it should look like.

Is there a way to take a picture and attach it somehow to the probe file so that the picture of the probe is available in all the programs that the probe is used? Otherwise, I'll have to go to each program, see what probe is used & then embed the picture into the program.

Is this possible? Does anybody else see any value in this or do you have a better solution?
    To some the glass is half full
    To some it is half empty
    To me it is poorly designed by the Eng & Prod wants me to find a way to measure it in spec!

Originally posted by Slug Dawson View Post
    Is it possible to link a picture to a probe configuration?

I know that for experienced operators, you can pull up the calibrate probe window and see a graphic of what it should look like.

Is there a way to take a picture and attach it somehow to the probe file so that the picture of the probe is available in all the programs that the probe is used? Otherwise, I'll have to go to each program, see what probe is used & then embed the picture into the program.

Is this possible? Does anybody else see any value in this or do you have a better solution?
    I've never heard of anything like that.
    ~Josh~ Giles Rescue "Ut ceteri vivant"

Comment

To be honest with ya I see no purpose in that....unless your constantly deleting probe files......I mean you open a program, put your cursor in the probe file, hit F9 & you see everything you need in about 2 seconds time....
      sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

Why?
        Steven69
        sigpic

Comment

What is wrong with a written description in an operator comment?
          IE:
          Probe: 50 ext, TP20, 20 ext, 3x20
          Lately, it occurs to me
          What a long, strange trip it's been.

2017 R1 (Offline programming)

Comment

It is possable if u want to do it do you have micrsoft word on the cpu

Comment

Originally posted by John Riggins View Post
              What is wrong with a written description in an operator comment?
              IE:
              Probe: 50 ext, TP20, 20 ext, 3x20
              +1
              yeah and a picture doesn't describe what it consists of if you need to build it anyway

don't forget if you make it too easy for the newb's they will replace you with some dolt who will say "see this is easy, anyone can do it"
              sigpiccall me "Plum Crazy"....but you only go around once!

Comment

The problem is when you've got to build probes specific to a program & you don't have enough TP20s to go around. For me, it is not a problem. We have others here who don't understand as well. If they had to try to figure out how to build a probe without a picture, it could be a catastrophe.

There are instances where the probe builder does not have the exact item on the pick list. For example, there is no 50mm_CF extension in the list. You have to build using a 20 & a 30.
                To some it is half empty
                To me it is poorly designed by the Eng & Prod wants me to find a way to measure it in spec!

Comment

Probe Utilities – double click on “TP20 module” – click on “Draw this component” check box.

View setup – check “solid box”

Operation – Graphics display window – check “Center Probe”.

HTH

Comment

^^^This must not be on 4.2mr1^^^
                    ~Josh~ Giles Rescue "Ut ceteri vivant"

Comment

It could be as simple as calling up a picture using object or a form before the loadprobe.
                      --Brian

"The best way to predict the future is invent it. This includes your very next action."

Support: Hexagon Metrology Support Center
                      Training: Hexagon Metrology University

Comment

There is no need to write it down. once you higlight a probe, the configuration is already there at the bottom. To see the complete picture, all is needed is to check each component and there you have the whole picture.It not only shows the length and components, but also the orientation at that angle.

Comment

Thank you guys for your answers but
                          Originally posted by Brian Gudauskas View Post
                          It could be as simple as calling up a picture using object or a form before the loadprobe.
                          I want the picture linked to the prb file so I don't have to open each program and put a picture / link. That would take way too much time.

Originally posted by MARTY Syed View Post
                          There is no need to write it down. once you higlight a probe, the configuration is already there at the bottom. To see the complete picture, all is needed is to check each component and there you have the whole picture.It not only shows the length and components, but also the orientation at that angle.
                          We have operators who are not very experienced. Also, there are items we use that are not included in the pick list. We use a 50mm carbon fibre extension which is not in the pick list. We have to build the probe using 20mm + 30mm extensions. If an operator looked at the probe build, they would build it wrong. I'd rather have 1 extension than two; less to leave too loose or overtighten & strip.
                          To some it is half empty

Comment

Is this what your looking for I insert/report command/external object/microsoft word picture. Then setup the picture as you like and that should do it. I will rarely put the picture in my programs but, whenever I use a star probe I use the comment below the picture to explain the way the probe is built. And if your good with the probe.dat file you can make the 50mm extentions and other probes. The pictures were captured using hypersnap I'm not sure if that's on all windows computers I know its on all of ours here at work.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I have this in each of my program with a external command and a comment to open the picture are not.
                              sigpic

Comment