Creating surfaces from patch scans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating surfaces from patch scans

I have several patch scans on a form steel with a lot of shape. I have been trying to create surfaces from the scans and no matter what settings i use in the create surfaces nothing seems to be matching my scan data. They are close but close isn't quite close enough. Any suggestions? 4.2mr1

Originally posted by bsacmm View Post
    I have several patch scans on a form steel with a lot of shape. I have been trying to create surfaces from the scans and no matter what settings i use in the create surfaces nothing seems to be matching my scan data. They are close but close isn't quite close enough. Any suggestions? 4.2mr1
    Yeah, don't do it in Pcdmis. Seriously. DO NOT USE Pcdmis' surface construction. Export your scan data, let a CAD guy do it in a CAD package. It has never worked for crap, don't know if it ever will.

I did a 100% flat, square patch scan (offline) on Cad data, so all the points were absolutly perfect, on a perfectly flat surface, with perfectly square boundaries. The created surface looked like an amoeba on steriods at the end of a 3-week long cocaine bender.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
      Yeah, don't do it in Pcdmis. Seriously. DO NOT USE Pcdmis' surface construction. Export your scan data, let a CAD guy do it in a CAD package. It has never worked for crap, don't know if it ever will.

I did a 100% flat, square patch scan (offline) on Cad data, so all the points were absolutly perfect, on a perfectly flat surface, with perfectly square boundaries. The created surface looked like an amoeba on steriods at the end of a 3-week long cocaine bender.
      Pictures please.
      sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Yeah, Thats the way i have always done it in the past. I was just playing with it and thought if it worked that it might save the cad guys some work.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMannes View Post
          Pictures please.
          I will have to re-do it, that test program is LONG gone.
          sigpic
          Originally posted by AndersI
          I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment