Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rescale Axis

How do I rescale the part axis?

I need to have the positive "X" Axis for the machine going in the opposite direction.

Thanks

Why?
    Saving the world, one bad part at a time.

Comment

not knowing what your doing....you could do that with your alignment
      sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

About changing the X axis on the cad instead?
        sigpicIt's corona time!
        737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAƑOL

Comment

Originally posted by bw_bob View Post
          not knowing what your doing....you could do that with your alignment
          I guess I should have clarified my initial comments. Depending on what you are trying to accomplish there are problably 5 different ways to do something like this. Which one you use will depen on why you want to accomplish this.

The easiest is probably do it in your alignment like bw said but it depends on what you are trying to do.
          Saving the world, one bad part at a time.

Comment

I thought I might be able to do it through the alignment. However, I am not having much luck. The part needs to be inverted (upside down to the cad model) when sitting on the cmm. So I changed the Z+ level to Z-, but then the X Axis is reversed.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoodlum View Post
              I thought I might be able to do it through the alignment. However, I am not having much luck. The part needs to be inverted (upside down to the cad model) when sitting on the cmm. So I changed the Z+ level to Z-, but then the X Axis is reversed.
              ..just rotate it 180 Deg back to where you want it...

Comment

Simply work from the back side of your CAD and you shouldn't have to change anything. Pick up the side that is up and align to that. Best bet would probably be an iterative alignment to get you going quickly.

Bill

Comment