UNABLE TO LOAD HASP.DDL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNABLE TO LOAD HASP.DDL

Have a problem when I purchased a new computer. I went to install PC-DMIS 3.7MR3 but it comes up with error "unable to load hasp.dll". So I did the recomended hinstall -r and rebooted the computer and tried reinstalling PC-DMIS but still got the same error message. Then I tried doing it again but without rebooting but that did not work either. Any suggestions?

Did you change operating systems. Like from NT to XP
    sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

Like Bob said you may need a differnt Hasp driver than what came with the software. Go to Aladin and get the new one or PM me and I'll send you it. Also try -i and make sure it is outside the quotes that close the path to the hinstal.exe when you browse to it from the run option in the start menu.

Craig
      <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Originally posted by jkhupp
        Have a problem when I purchased a new computer. I went to install PC-DMIS 3.7MR3 but it comes up with error "unable to load hasp.dll". So I did the recomended hinstall -r and rebooted the computer and tried reinstalling PC-DMIS but still got the same error message. Then I tried doing it again but without rebooting but that did not work either. Any suggestions?
        First, make sure your portlock / usb lock is firmly seated into your computer.

Then try this. Not sure if this will work for you, but it might... *note that I am not official tech support, just throwing out some ideas*
        1. Open a Command prompt window and then navigate using the DOS window to the directory containing PC-DMIS.
        2. Type hinstall -r and press ENTER.
        3. After it removes the driver, restart the computer.
        4. Open a Command prompt window and then navigate in that to the directory containing PC-DMIS.
        5. Type hinstall -i and press ENTER to reinstall the driver.
        6. After it installs the driver, again restart the computer.
        Then try it and see if it loads. I've had this problem before and this usually clears it up. Sometimes just restarting the computer a few times clears it up. Good luck,
        Jared Hess - Techwriter @ WAI
        [View 2008 Reporting Tutorials Here]

Comment

Call browne and Sharpe they can assist you

Comment