CAD = PART

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAD = PART

Interested in how others are using this feature and any advantages or disadvantages they see using it.
    "People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought, which they seldom use." ~ Soren Kierkegaard

I took a tip from Matt on an old post to use it even when I don't have cad just makes things look a bit nicer on the screen. I very seldom get cad
    sigpic
    if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Comment

cad=prt

I only use cad=part when I have an electrode that I am inspecting on a fixture plate. The electrode has coordinates relating back to the center of the fixture.

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by T Miller
        I took a tip from Matt on an old post to use it even when I don't have cad just makes things look a bit nicer on the screen. I very seldom get cad

How doe's it make it look nicer?

Comment

Makes everything look square
          sigpic
          if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Comment

I dont need to use it as long as I do an iterative alignment. But when I dont I do use it and havent had any problems as of yet
            sigpic

Comment

The only time i use it is when i have cad.
              sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

Originally posted by T Miller
                Makes everything look square

instead of using cad = part you can square up the screen by using the 2d rotate mode.

switch to 2D rotate mode and right click on the measured or constructed line that you used to rotate about and it should square up the screen.
                "People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought, which they seldom use." ~ Soren Kierkegaard

Comment

The only time I'll use CAD=PART is if I have to inspect round or cylindrical parts to CAD that don't have a feature that I can rotate to. Otherwise, I use iterative alignments.
                  sigpic GO LEAFS GO!!!

Stay true to your friends, 'cause they'll save you in the end.
                  -Sam Roberts

Comment

I find doing cad=part even when you do not have cad cleans up the graphics screen during dynamic ratate. I hate PCDMIS's dynamic rotate but after doing cad=part it gets a little better for some reason. So I do it everytime. Funny thing is you can have sucky dynamic rotate then do an alignment with cad=part then the rotate improves even if you go back and delete that alignment.

Craig
                    <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

I only used it when I had a cad but will have to try it for giggles, Actually wrote my 1st program this week it isn't pretty but it works, took the class 6 weeks ago and have not had much time to practice woohoo no crashes
                      Since I gave up hope I feel much better !!!

Comment