Machine Homing Cycle Error

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Machine Homing Cycle Error

    Machine won't home gives error stated above. States TR_FG018, homing Cycle Error after I get a machine start and hit ok to home.
    sigpicThanks a Millionth

  • #2
    Dont know if its the same error code, but I have had an error too. I had to shut it down and let it set for 15 min then do another re-start.
    sigpic
    Moved to Louisiana and found out "Ya'll" is singular and "All-Ya'll" is plural!!

    Comment


    • #3
      Could be many things, but if you have a sticky wiki, errr I mean touch probe, you could flick it (I mean the probe) and it will unstick and be good. Carefully cleaning scales after reading user manual would be a decent idea. Has anything weird happened recently, like I once heard "Oh yeah, come to think of it they ran into the bridge with a forklift last week. Is that a problem? It just made a little mark, like maybe 4 inches" Or, there was a lightning strike on the building, and a lot of machines have been having issues, etc etc.

      This also might not work at all... in which case I'd call service.
      --Brian

      "The best way to predict the future is invent it. This includes your very next action."

      Support: Hexagon Metrology Support Center
      Training: Hexagon Metrology University

      Comment


      • #4
        I've seen this when one of the train drivers (engineers) set down a cup of coffee (cream and sugar) on the Y AXIS way. It left a NASTY sticky ring. When the machine tried to home it hit that crud and stopped. Make sure there isn't anything on the ways.

        Bill

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by brian gudauskas View Post
          could be many things, but if you have a sticky wiki, errr i mean touch probe, you could flick it (i mean the probe) and it will unstick and be good. Carefully cleaning scales after reading user manual would be a decent idea. Has anything weird happened recently, like i once heard "oh yeah, come to think of it they ran into the bridge with a forklift last week. Is that a problem? It just made a little mark, like maybe 4 inches" or, there was a lightning strike on the building, and a lot of machines have been having issues, etc etc.

          this also might not work at all... In which case i'd call service.
          +1 just don't forget to hit reset on your pi200 after you touch the probe

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Brian Gudauskas View Post
            Could be many things, but if you have a sticky wiki, errr I mean touch probe, you could flick it (I mean the probe) and it will unstick and be good. Carefully cleaning scales after reading user manual would be a decent idea. Has anything weird happened recently, like I once heard "Oh yeah, come to think of it they ran into the bridge with a forklift last week. Is that a problem? It just made a little mark, like maybe 4 inches" Or, there was a lightning strike on the building, and a lot of machines have been having issues, etc etc.

            This also might not work at all... in which case I'd call service.
            Keep this up and people here are going to start thinking you have grown a funny bone, Brian.
            sigpic
            Originally posted by Ironhoe
            I got something under my sporran for you, take care of it and you got my vote.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Lab_ratt View Post
              Keep this up and people here are going to start thinking you have grown a funny bone, Brian.
              I'd always heard that his bone was funny........
              sigpic
              Originally posted by AndersI
              I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
                I'd always heard that his bone was funny........
                it was nice and quiet here the last 2 days.............. you must not have been at work goofing off surfing the interwebs
                sigpic
                Originally posted by Ironhoe
                I got something under my sporran for you, take care of it and you got my vote.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Lab_ratt View Post
                  it was nice and quiet here the last 2 days.............. you must not have been at work goofing off surfing the interwebs
                  I was home, sick as a dog. Friday I was coming down with it, after I got home Friday, I didin't leave the house again until yesterday to go to the doctor's office. I'm still sick, come in close, give your monitor a kiss (no tongue), maybe you can catch this crap I got.
                  sigpic
                  Originally posted by AndersI
                  I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
                    I was home, sick as a dog. Friday I was coming down with it, after I got home Friday, I didin't leave the house again until yesterday to go to the doctor's office. I'm still sick, come in close, give your monitor a kiss (no tongue), maybe you can catch this crap I got.
                    Feel better Matt ~ Oh and BTW the TP 200 was shot. Turned of the PI 200 probe interface and the head controller ~ Got machine to home. A friend lent one to me. I need to go for an exchange. Anyone got some ideas here?
                    sigpicThanks a Millionth

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Gary Fitzgerald View Post
                      Feel better Matt ~ Oh and BTW the TP 200 was shot. Turned of the PI 200 probe interface and the head controller ~ Got machine to home. A friend lent one to me. I need to go for an exchange. Anyone got some ideas here?
                      You can order a re-built from Hexagon for about $1,100, but they want the old one back.
                      sigpic
                      Moved to Louisiana and found out "Ya'll" is singular and "All-Ya'll" is plural!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by GEllsworth View Post
                        You can order a re-built from Hexagon for about $1,100, but they want the old one back.
                        Of course they do. Then they can replace the 20 cent part that's bad and re-sell it for $1,100.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Robert Masters View Post
                          Of course they do. Then they can replace the 20 cent part that's bad and re-sell it for $1,100.
                          Well Hexagon has to make there money too.....LOL. Whats the other options out there, I would like to know for future references.
                          sigpic
                          Moved to Louisiana and found out "Ya'll" is singular and "All-Ya'll" is plural!!

                          Comment

                          Related Topics

                          Collapse

                          Working...
                          X