Move Error Message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Move Error Message

I back to programming after about 4 years off. Today I was trying to setup a new probe file and started receiving error message 0115 at the start of each probe angle calibration. I can hit continue to force it to move but I know it shouldnt do this. Also when I start up the program it gives me the same error 0115 with the option to shutdown or continue. I am running 3.7 MR3. Any help would be appreciated.

Look in the very bottom left hand part of the screen. What else does it say besides 0115 error when you get this error?

Bill

Comment

"Error while trying to execute feature" and list probe angle configuration. Getting very frustrated now. Sometimes it doesnt even give me an error message. It just sits there and does not move.

Comment

Found this looking through my info. What type of machine, what probe?

MLB-115 File error on feature or probe storage operation
        Feature or probe data could not be stored in the host disk data storage. Disk may be write protected or full.
        --Brian

"The best way to predict the future is invent it. This includes your very next action."

Support: Hexagon Metrology Support Center
        Training: Hexagon Metrology University

Comment

Apollo RS-115 using a PH10T head, TP20 module and a 6X50 probe.

I did a complete shutdown overnight, came in this morning and ran the 6X50 as the master tip with the meas-offset sphere then ran the 6X50 with the calibration sphere measuring all angles. It ran fine. I then tried to create a new probe setup (2X20) and started getting the 0115 error again. I can hit "continue" and it goes away until the probe goes to the next angle or I start over and it comes back. Something new this morning was if I exit PC-DMIS and restart after getting the 0115 error during probe calibration, when I start a program a box pops up and says 0115 with the option to shutdown or OK.

With this going on I can not have any confidence in my probe calibrations nor do I want to have to deal with the 0115 error message for each probe setup. Someone has to know what is going on with this. I am getting behind on much needed CMM time dealing with this. HELP!!!

Comment

I am out of knowledge on this, I would next suggest technical support or service. My guess is that the controller brain is having an issue. Has there been any other recent changes to your system that could be responsible? Maybe someone on the board has another idea?
            --Brian

"The best way to predict the future is invent it. This includes your very next action."

Support: Hexagon Metrology Support Center
            Training: Hexagon Metrology University

Comment

Something is definately going on. I added each probe angle individually and calibrated each . I then went back to ask it to measure all probes. At the A0B0 angle it went straight to the sphere and measured perfectly. As it moved to any other angle it went to a ghost sphere each time and of course gave a "missed part" error. I guess I will have to call tech support Monday, but that is only going to put me two days further behind.

Comment

Do you have read/write permission to the directory the probe files are stored in?
                -Rick

I bring nothing to the table.

Comment

Yes, I have a couple of probe files stored in the 3.7 directory before this started. I am just wondering if there has been some conflict created between the three versions on PC-DMIS on this computer. Has anyone else experienced problems with multiple versions on the same computer? I am strictly running 3.7 as I have heard too many nightmare stories running 4.1 or 4.2.

Comment

Originally posted by rollbar0533 View Post
                    Something is definately going on. I added each probe angle individually and calibrated each . I then went back to ask it to measure all probes. At the A0B0 angle it went straight to the sphere and measured perfectly. As it moved to any other angle it went to a ghost sphere each time and of course gave a "missed part" error. I guess I will have to call tech support Monday, but that is only going to put me two days further behind.
                    It sounds to me the CMM lost its MEA position, it’s either the calibration sphere is not at MEA location and/or you did not answer the prompts correctly. Error 0115 puzzled me, the only thing that I can think of is MADDelayAfterError seting in Setting Editor, it should be set to 0 (off), in v4.1, v4.2 and v4.3 was set to 1 (on) by default, it is for UMP360 with B&S jog box. You should look into it making sure it’s off.

As far as tip cal, Sheffield machine is very sensitive; it does weird things if you messed up any of the steps below)
                    - Delete all probe files and rebuild master tip accurately and keep it simple if possible.
                    - Calibration sphere must be at MEA location (marked Red on the threaded hole).
                    - Use calibration sphere supplied by Sheffield only.
                    - Mechanical offset: Answer “Yes“ to the prompt before and after. (tool: MEA_MECHANICAL_OFFSETS_SPHERE)
                    - Master tip (T1A0B0): Always answer “Yes“ to the prompt. (tool: MEA_CALIBRATION_SPHERE ).
                    - Other tips: Always answer “No” to the prompt.
                    - You can cal a qualified probe file at a location other than MEA. For example: tip T1A0B0 in probe file named Rollbar is calibrated at MEA (you must cal master tip first of course and answer “yes to the prompt and then answer “no” to T1A0B0 in Rollbar tip file) that probe file is considered qualified, now you can add and cal new tip angles in Rollbar probe file at a different location and don‘t forget to calibrate master tip first....(Edit) – You must not use MEA tool for this, MEA for MEA position only; you have to create a new tool.
                    Last edited by lambo; 10-20-2009, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Called Technical support and had to update the "Sheffeild.dll" file to the latest version. Everything working as it should so far.

Thanks to all for the input. "Lambo" you got me on the right track. Big thanks to you.

Roy

Comment

"Lambo" you got me on the right track. Big thanks to you.

Roy
                        So give him some rep
                        Last edited by Don Meredith; 10-19-2009, 03:06 PM.
                        v2013 MR1, v2015.1
                        B&S Global 544, 555
                        Mitutoyo A504 w/PC-DMIS

sigpic
                        Since 1994

Never force anything. Get a bigger hammer.
                        (Advice from my dad.)

Comment

Called Technical support and had to update the "Sheffeild.dll" file to the latest version. Everything working as it should so far.

Thanks to all for the input. "Lambo" you got me on the right track. Big thanks to you.

Roy
                          My pleasure!

Comment