Alignment Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alignment Problem

I am having a problem doing a Plane , line ,point alignment which we have been doing for years.
    I have measured a plane followed by 2 circles ,then i have then constructed a line with the 2 circles.
    I then go into new alignment and level the plane to YPLUS.
    Select the line and rotate it to ZMINUS about YPLUS but when i click onto the ROTATE button it just deselects the line without actually entering the line into the alignment.
    I have tried other possible directions but i cannot get the line to go into the alignment.
    I am running 3.7++ software on a typhoon machine
    It's only a mistake if somebody else finds it!

Check if the line is 3D line or 2d line. You should level the plane before measuring circles and construct the line...

Comment

Alignment problem

I have tried it with 3D and 2D line,the normal is to use a 2D line.I do not understand the comment about levelling the plane before you measure the holes,do you measure the plane then go into alignment and level it, then do you measure the 2 holes ,construct the line and then go back into new alignment?
      It's only a mistake if somebody else finds it!

Comment

Yes. If you take a plane and create an alignment with that plane, it will take te circles square to the axis the plane is leveled. Then the two circles and point, and create another alignment, recalling the last one with the leveled plane.

Comment

Originally posted by spsayeski View Post
          Yes. If you take a plane and create an alignment with that plane, it will take te circles square to the axis the plane is leveled. Then the two circles and point, and create another alignment, recalling the last one with the leveled plane.
          +1
          That's exactly what I do in this case !

Comment

Originally posted by spsayeski View Post
            Yes. If you take a plane and create an alignment with that plane, it will take (measure) the circles square to the axis the plane is leveled. Then the two circles and point, and create another alignment, recalling the last one with the leveled plane.
            Sound advise - I do this both in manual AND DCC mode for the exact reason spsayeski stated.
            sigpic
            Originally posted by Ironhoe
            I got something under my sporran for you, take care of it and you got my vote.

Comment

When rotating ,try select circle1 and circle2 instead of the line .
              http://www.cmm-soft.com/

Comment

You do have the alignment AFTER the line creation...? Right?
                Lately, it occurs to me
                What a long, strange trip it's been.

2017 R1 (Offline programming)

Comment