abbreviations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• abbreviations

Does anyone have a list of the abbreviations for the callouts?
    Cookie

Probably, but I lost Anyone's phone number a few weeks ago in a tragic accident involving a creme brulee torch and several small furry animals. I tried calling Someone but it appears they are having a nervous breakdown and won't emerge from under the desk long enough to answer the phone. I emailed Somebody, Something, and Nothing, but they all bounced back with full mailboxes. I don't have a box of bananas, but I do have half a quart of grape tomatoes and some almonds. May the Farce be with you!

TAAKOA, MJRYTUTLBYEAB.

There
    Are
    All
    Kinds
    Of
    Abbreviations,
    Most
    Just
    Require
    You
    To
    Use
    That
    Lump
    Between
    Your
    Ears
    A
    Bit

Without being more specific about which sort of abbreviations you mean, this is the kind of answer you get.
    Last edited by Wes Cisco; 10-14-2009, 11:26 AM. Reason: added the all important missing "r"
    sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

What callouts?
      sigpic
      Global Advantage 12-22-10
      TESASTAR M SP25 4.3mr2

Comment

Ang
        Parl
        Perp
        Con
        Cir

just use the first 3 let

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Cisco View Post
          Probably, but I lost Anyone's phone number a few weeks ago in a tragic accident involving a creme brulee torch and several small furry animals. I tried calling Someone but it appears they are having a nervous breakdown and won't emerge from under the desk long enough to answer the phone. I emailed Somebody, Something, and Nothing, but they all bounced back with full mailboxes. I don't have a box of bananas, but I do have half a quart of grape tomatoes and some almonds. May the Farce be with you!

TAAKOA, MJRYTUTLBYEAB.

There
          Are
          All
          Kinds
          Of
          Abbreviations,
          Most
          Just
          Require
          You
          To
          Use
          That
          Lump
          Between
          Your
          Ears
          A
          Bit

Without being more specific about which sort of abbreviations you mean, this is the kind of answer you get.
          Someones feeling a little bloodthirsty today...............
          sigpic
          Originally posted by Ironhoe
          I got something under my sporran for you, take care of it and you got my vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Lab_ratt View Post
            Someones feeling a little bloodthirsty today...............

today?

Why should today be any different from every other day?

Bloodthirsty? Silly Ratt, don't you know bloodslurpers, esp. vampires, all the rage this year?

Comment

so here is the next question you can shoot down.

I took a metric program and have the dimensions being reported in english, I changed the precision/4 but it keeps switching back to 3 decimal places in the settings and in the report.

Whats going on here?

What the H.....?
              Cookie

Comment

Originally posted by Cookie View Post
                Does anyone have a list of the abbreviations for the callouts?
                Is this anything like what you're looking for ?

X = prints X axis value.
                Y = prints Y axis value.
                Z = prints Z axis value.
                Prad = prints the Polar Radius.
                Pang = prints the Polar Angle.
                D = prints Diameter value. For an ellipse, this is the minor diameter value (same as H).
                R = prints Radius (half of Diameter) value.
                A = prints Angle value.
                L = prints Length (used for cylinder, cones, slots, and ellipses.) For an ellipse, L gives you the major diameter value.
                H = prints the Height (used on cones, cylinders, and ellipses). For an ellipse, H gives you the minor diameter value.
                V = prints the Vector location.
                Form = prints the feature's integrated form dimension with the location dimension
                sigpic

Comment

so here is the next question you can shoot down.

I took a metric program and have the dimensions being reported in english, I changed the precision/4 but it keeps switching back to 3 decimal places in the settings and in the report.

Whats going on here?

What the H.....?

Cookie, 12 years of taking up space as a CMM programmer reported in your additional information. (Thanks for filling that in BTW.)

Aside from hoping to perhaps brighten a gloomy day for someone out there with my predictable wit, I was also trying to get you to be a bit more specific about what you needed.

If I walk up to someone in my shop and say your part is 5 out, how are they supposed to know which feature I mean and do I mean it is 5 inches or 5 microns out?

Did you save the program after you changed the precision? Do you have a default setting in the F5 tables for 3 places?
                  There is a place called the settings editor where a default might be set as well, but I will let some other brave soul tell you how to find that.

Comment

Cliking on the callout like D for diameter I get the total list. What are these ? FL RN and ST
                    I just thought there might be a list somewhere.

I do not know what I did but I am not getting the program to revert back to 3 polace anymore.
                    Cookie

Comment

From help file.
                      Last edited by Obelix; 10-27-2009, 01:56 PM.
                      sigpic...engineering

Comment

Cliking on the callout like D for diameter I get the total list. What are these ? FL RN and ST
                        I just thought there might be a list somewhere.

I do not know what I did but I am not getting the program to revert back to 3 polace anymore.
                        Where are you seeing these letters? different places might mean different things. FL could be Florida, RN could be Registered Nurse, and ST might be Shape Turned.

Do you have a displayprecision command that is causing it?

Have you executed the program since you changed it back? Sometimes PC-DMIS is moody and won't give you what you want until you give it what it wants.

When posting questions here, there are some things to remember.
                        • We can't see what you are seeing. Code helps.
                        • We aren't mind readers, so what you think you implied might not be clear to us. State your issue clearly.
                        • We are a moody bunch who all work in Quality and expect others to think.
                        • You will get smartazzed comments, but you also will get answers.
                        When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by john kingston View Post
                          where are you seeing these letters? Different places might mean different things. Fl could be florida, rn could be registered nurse, and st might be shape turned.

Do you have a displayprecision command that is causing it?

Have you executed the program since you changed it back? Sometimes pc-dmis is moody and won't give you what you want until you give it what it wants.

When posting questions here, there are some things to remember.
                          • we can't see what you are seeing. Code helps.
                          • we aren't mind readers, so what you think you implied might not be clear to us. State your issue clearly.
                          • we are a moody bunch who all work in quality and expect others to think.
                          • you will get smartazzed comments, and you may not get answers.
                          fify

Comment

Bear with these apes Cookie......... its all in fun.
                            I'm not at my machine but if you click on the dimension box, hover your arrow over the letter in question and then hit F1 the help box explains each of the abbreviations and what its function is.

HTH.
                            sigpic
                            Originally posted by Ironhoe
                            I got something under my sporran for you, take care of it and you got my vote.

Comment

thats my problem I have had no training in this software.

but thanks Guys.....
                              Cookie

Comment