Rotary Table....Retrofit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotary Table....Retrofit?

Our purchasing manager just called me and asked what it would take to put a rotary table into our new Global Advantage 12-22-10. I told him, "A miracle." Has anyone ever heard of retrofitting a rotary table into a CMM?
    sigpic
    Global Advantage 12-22-10
    TESASTAR M SP25 4.3mr2

Yes.. but my info is only on the Sheffields
    Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

Originally posted by keego View Post
      Our purchasing manager just called me and asked what it would take to put a rotary table into our new Global Advantage 12-22-10. I told him, "A miracle." Has anyone ever heard of retrofitting a rotary table into a CMM?
      If you just want to fit a rotary table onto the cmm it isn't a big issue. We have one on a 15-30-10 chameleon. It talks to quindos fine but wont talk to pcdmis.
      Getting pcdmis to talk to it via the controller can be a major issue.
      You may need a new controller (very expensive) and a rotary table that the software recognizes.
      I would suggest talking to hexagon as this is not a simple upgrade.

ps: if its a new machine why didnt they order it with a rotary table??? Who missed that one!!
      Roses are red
      Violets are glorious
      Don't try to sneak up
      On Oscar Pistorius.

MIL-TFP-41C

3.7mr3, 2012mr1, 2013mr1

Comment

On a Global, you have to change the controller (B3CLC can't command 4 axes). I think you have to install a B3CS (I'm not sure about the name). You have to configure the dongle, I think that you have to pay it too. You also have to buy a rotary table...
        Pwhitsa is right, who missed that ????

Comment