Avoidance moves and auto features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avoidance moves and auto features

Hmm, busy one today for me, 2nd thread of the day.

Am I doing something wrong, or does PC-DMIS get confused with a move point immediately following an auto measured feature with avoidance moves included.
    Current example. I have probed an internal cylinder via auto feature, and included before and after avoidance moves, I've then added a move point to take probe over a higher area of the job. But, as usual, the auto feature seems to suck the move point into itself and sort of include it as part of that feature, so that it completes the cylinder OK, then goes to the move point, but then goes back again to the avoidance position. This always happens to me. Is it me, or a glitch in the software. It's no big deal for me to bin the 'after' avoidance move and just use a move point to clear, but I'd just like to know if I'm doing it wrong or not?
    Cheers fellas

Originally posted by picklefactory View Post
    Hmm, busy one today for me, 2nd thread of the day.

Am I doing something wrong, or does PC-DMIS get confused with a move point immediately following an auto measured feature with avoidance moves included.
    Current example. I have probed an internal cylinder via auto feature, and included before and after avoidance moves, I've then added a move point to take probe over a higher area of the job. But, as usual, the auto feature seems to suck the move point into itself and sort of include it as part of that feature, so that it completes the cylinder OK, then goes to the move point, but then goes back again to the avoidance position. This always happens to me. Is it me, or a glitch in the software. It's no big deal for me to bin the 'after' avoidance move and just use a move point to clear, but I'd just like to know if I'm doing it wrong or not?
    Cheers fellas
    Sounds like a "NEW ENHANCEMENT" to me, if what you have described is correct. I'm using V3.7 and the "AUTOMOVE" (avoidance move in V4 because some new coder at wilcox likes the flavor of his own crap better than the taste of the crap from the coder before him) is part OF the feature, any MOVE points (incremental, absolute, clearance plane) programmed after the feature run AFTER the feature is done.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

How about simply not using the avoidance move function and stick with old fashined move-to commands ?
      sigpic

Comment

+1 yes old fashion!!!

Comment

Do you have a clearance plane set? It could be going to the move point, then to a clearance plane if you have one set.

Bill

Comment

Thanks guys
            Hmmm clearance plane, hadn't checked that. I'm still very much a beginner, so I expect I'll miss the bloody obvious frequently. I've run out of time today, but I'll check that tomorrow and post back.
            Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by picklefactory View Post
              Thanks guys
              Hmmm clearance plane, hadn't checked that. I'm still very much a beginner, so I expect I'll miss the bloody obvious frequently. I've run out of time today, but I'll check that tomorrow and post back.
              Cheers

clear planes & move points do not like each other.....what kind of pickles are you checking
              sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

Sorry for slow reply gents, not been near the evil CMM for a while, been busy on my day job. Anyway, have checked and clearance planes are NOT active, so I'm guessing that PCDMIS 4.3, just doesn't like mixing avoidance moves with move points. That's a shame, because I like the avoidance moves, they are quite nifty for a newbie like me. I can still use 'em, I just have to remember to not use 'em immediately prior to a move point.

Comment

Inserting Move Points Between Auto Feature Hits

You can insert MOVE/POINT commands between auto features' HIT/BASIC commands. You will need to use the Insert | Move | Move Point menu item to do this. Copying and pasting this command will not work. The Edit window must also be in Command mode.

Just a thought

Comment

Thanks PCDEMON, that's not my problem though but still useful to know. The issue I'm getting is when I create a move point immediately following an auto feature that is utilising avoidance moves, PCDMIS seems to see the move points as a part of the auto cycle, and goes to the avoidance point, then the move point, then back to the avoidance point again. Weird, or I'm not doing it right, one or the other.
                    No big deal, as mentioned above, I can program just using move points and NOT avoidance moves, I was just wondering if it was something I was doing wrong.
                    Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by PCDEMON View Post
                      Inserting Move Points Between Auto Feature Hits

You can insert MOVE/POINT commands between auto features' HIT/BASIC commands. You will need to use the Insert | Move | Move Point menu item to do this. Copying and pasting this command will not work. The Edit window must also be in Command mode.

Just a thought
                      i don't think this is correct?
                      i can insert move points in v4.2 between autofeatures & i don't have to be in command mode. so i would of thought the same of v4.3?

if i'm wrong, why has it changed for v4.3? surely thats a backward step.
                      sigpicRichie the Villian!!

V4.2 MR1 CAD++/MISTRAL 10-07-07 DCC/XP

Comment

check help file on move points thats where the info came from .Hope help file is up to date with 4.3

Comment

I don't think it is anything you are doing wrong Pickle .... I had a similar (note similar but not the same) problem with V4.2 where the probe paths get screwed if using avoidance moves with stud measurements

s_shot.jpg
                          sigpic

It goes "dink" so it must be workin'

Bollocks

Comment

Originally posted by PCDEMON View Post
                            check help file on move points thats where the info came from .Hope help file is up to date with 4.3
                            checked the help file under 'inserting move points' & there's nothing in there about having to be in 'command mode' to insert 1.

but as i said, i'm using v4.2, so it could of altered for v4.3 onwards?
                            sigpicRichie the Villian!!

V4.2 MR1 CAD++/MISTRAL 10-07-07 DCC/XP

Comment

Originally posted by RCW52 View Post
                              checked the help file under 'inserting move points' & there's nothing in there about having to be in 'command mode' to insert 1.

but as i said, i'm using v4.2, so it could of altered for v4.3 onwards?
                              RCW, I think you're missing the fact that he's saying you can now insert MOVE/POINT command WITHIN the autofeature MEAS , END_MEAS block. Can insert MOVE/CLEARPLANE as well.

Comment