probe changes in programs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• probe changes in programs

Using 4.1 PCDMIS with a tp200 with magnetic modular.
    I'm trying to understand more about changing probes in programs?
    I have probe files already created that i'm using. My frist questions is when you chouse a new probe PCDMIS knows I made that change but dose it make the nessary adjustments for the alingments already created on the part?
    Or do you have to chouse a options for it to make the changes needed?
    What is probe comp?
    I thought if you are writing a prg and pick another probe finish the prg, that it knows to keep your orgins and make needed off sets for the new probe, so when you run the program the new probe know where to go. The only thing I see is the z is off.
    I notice after a probe change and then run a program my z is off.
    So if I write a program and I start with a 2mm x30mm probe and do my alignment and other features then go to a 2mm x 70mm probe , I need to offset the z the difference of the two probe lengths? Do I do this in the alignment. Insert/new/alignment/pick the feature / off set z origin? Or is it in the probe utilities? For all the programs already written should I go and offset the z origin after the probe change ? What steps should a fallow in the feature to avoid this?
    If I understand , even if you have probe files and pull from them PCDMIS cannot make the needed of sets for lengths? But can for probe dia? Sorry for taking up so much of your time but this will really help me out a lot if I can fix the current programs and Understand better not to repeat the mistake. Thank you for your time on this. Tina

Originally posted by tinabeth View Post
    Using 4.1 PCDMIS with a tp200 with magnetic modular.
    I'm trying to understand more about changing probes in programs?
    I have probe files already created that i'm using. My frist questions is when you chouse a new probe PCDMIS knows I made that change but dose it make the nessary adjustments for the alingments already created on the part?
    Or do you have to chouse a options for it to make the changes needed?
    What is probe comp?
    I thought if you are writing a prg and pick another probe finish the prg, that it knows to keep your orgins and make needed off sets for the new probe, so when you run the program the new probe know where to go. The only thing I see is the z is off.
    I notice after a probe change and then run a program my z is off.
    So if I write a program and I start with a 2mm x30mm probe and do my alignment and other features then go to a 2mm x 70mm probe , I need to offset the z the difference of the two probe lengths? Do I do this in the alignment. Insert/new/alignment/pick the feature / off set z origin? Or is it in the probe utilities? For all the programs already written should I go and offset the z origin after the probe change ? What steps should a fallow in the feature to avoid this?
    If I understand , even if you have probe files and pull from them PCDMIS cannot make the needed of sets for lengths? But can for probe dia? Sorry for taking up so much of your time but this will really help me out a lot if I can fix the current programs and Understand better not to repeat the mistake. Thank you for your time on this. Tina
    You need to either build a program that calibrates all you probes at one time.
    Or calibrate each probe you plan to use in your part program you can use auto calibrate or manual calibrate each probe.
    Also check that the recall probe file path is pointing to the probe file
    I keep my probes and results files in a folder call C:/Probes to make it easy to find
    Achieving unverifiable productivity daily

Comment

First, you need to calibrate both probes up front (2 modules needed).

Make your alignments and all features with the 2x30mm then pause the program and "load" second probe (2x70mm)...there is no effsets required. Pcdmis will recognize the new configuration and will adjust automatically so you can continue programing.
      sigpicIt's corona time!
      737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAÑOL

Comment

Without probe compensation the CMM records the hits at the center of the probe. The probe compensation translates that point one half of the diameter of the probe in the direction of approach to the part.

Leave it on.
        sigpicIt's corona time!
        737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAÑOL

Comment

Are you changing your probe tips by hand or do you have an SCR200 probe rack?

If a probe rack, you'll need to teach the rack so PCD can pick up the probes automatically - makes life much easier. That is, if the probe rack was included in the SMA, if not, it will need to be added (more $).
          PC-DMIS v4.3 (as of 6/11/08)
          Cordax RS220
          PH10MQ
          SCR200/TP200

Comment