DataPage Emergency!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DataPage Emergency!!

My head fell of my shoulders last week and I went ahead and changed the part name (the one at the top of the report) on a PC-DMIS program we have been running for about a year. In doing so, all the stats we have been collecting did not go to the DataPage database for that part.

Be honest, am I screwed?? Did I lose those stats??

Thanks in advance.....

Well, if the old file path is still there, and the old destination folder, your stats might be sitting there waiting for you to rename them. If not, then I think you are SOL. (Sobbing out loud).
    sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

NOPE, they will now show up under the NEW NAME you have at the top of the program. You can simply do an ASCII data dump of that part from Datapage, open the TEXT file it makes, change the name back, then do the ACSII DATA load and it will show up under the old name, providing you changed the name correctly in the text file.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by AndersI
      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

No, you just have to open up the new part name in that folder. It'll still be saved.

Comment

You shouldn't be screwed...

The data should be in Datapage under the changed part name at the top of your report...
          sigpic
          Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
          PCDMIS 2012
          Windows Office XP

Comment

I found them, it just went ahead and saved them under the new name.

Duh!

Thank you all for your assistance in the troubling time.....

Thanks Wes.

Comment

Hello John,
              A key note to remember, the data page path is in the program and this is the path to which all data is sent, regardless of the name. this is where you have the stats command.

A.Gore
              sigpicA.Gore

Comment