TRAINING 4.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRAINING 4.0

Last edited by Tested; 07-17-2006, 08:46 AM.

If you are paying for the training they should train him on 3.5. Did you ask them to do that? If they say we can't I'd want to know why.

Craig
    <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Why train on 3.5 if one needs training for 4.0? I've got 4.0 and am waiting to go to training. I'm still using the wonderful mm4.
      sigpic
      Global Advantage 12-22-10
      TESASTAR M SP25 4.3mr2

Comment

When I went to training the trainer asked us what type of machine, what probe, what controller, info on our computer, and what version we were running. He then tried to let us know what stuff would be the same on our version and what might be different.

Of course I think he was a pretty good trainer so maybe your guy won't get this type of stuff. We also had a small class with only 5 people and all used close to the same version.

I would definitely write down all of the above for him to take with and then tell him to make sure the trainer knows he won't be using 4.0. Hopefully the trainer will take this into consideration.

Disclaimer - I haven't used 4.0 so I don't know how different it is from what you are using.

Comment

Anyone have news on 4.1 release date?

Thomas

Comment

Originally posted by keego
            Why train on 3.5 if one needs training for 4.0? I've got 4.0 and am waiting to go to training. I'm still using the wonderful mm4.
            Because they run 3.5. Why train on 4.0 if you are not running 4.0?
            <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Oh, I was assuming he was going to train at 4.0 because they were upgrading. Reading it again I've no idea where I got that assumption.

If it were up to me I'd just stay with MM4 but my boss wants more 'bells & whistles."
              sigpic
              Global Advantage 12-22-10
              TESASTAR M SP25 4.3mr2

Comment

goodluck,
                who was your trainer? Rob or Don? I'm assuming you went to Productivity. In either case they are great about making sure you get what you need out of the training. we had 8 people in our training (7 years ago or more) and Rob made sure that we learned about the version & machine type that we had in our shop.
                Global FX 7-10-7
                Global Silver 7-10-7
                Microval PFX
                PC-DMIS 2012 mr1

Comment

You could also have him take a sample part with him.
                  sigpic
                  if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Comment

Originally posted by mhesse
                    goodluck,
                    who was your trainer? Rob or Don? I'm assuming you went to Productivity. In either case they are great about making sure you get what you need out of the training. we had 8 people in our training (7 years ago or more) and Rob made sure that we learned about the version & machine type that we had in our shop.
                    We had Rob. He showed up late every day and let us go early but I think he got the job done. Plus, he has been gracious enough to let us e-mail him with questions since.

Comment

Originally posted by T Miller
                      You could also have him take a sample part with him.
                      Doubtless they will train on "the block". It would help if you had one of these so that when he gets back he can try his hand on your machine with a part he is familiar with.

Comment

goodluck,
                        sounds like rob. in late, leave early. never the less he was a great trainer.

you should have the "block" that came with the cmm. or ask for one at the class, most of the time they are willing to help out.
                        Global FX 7-10-7
                        Global Silver 7-10-7
                        Microval PFX
                        PC-DMIS 2012 mr1

Comment

Originally posted by keego
                          If it were up to me I'd just stay with MM4 but my boss wants more 'bells & whistles."
                          I also came from MM4 and was hesitant to make the jump to pc-dmis. Once you start using the demon, you will become comfortable with it. The main thing you'll need to keep in mind is vector direction - retract instead of approach.

Get the training and play with it a while. It grows on you.
                          v2013 MR1, v2015.1
                          B&S Global 544, 555
                          Mitutoyo A504 w/PC-DMIS

sigpic
                          Since 1994

Never force anything. Get a bigger hammer.
                          (Advice from my dad.)

Comment

I alwasys looked at the vector as "where is it coming from" to make the touch. Don't know if that will make a difference, but different people have different 'orientations' that work better for them.
                            sigpic
                            Originally posted by AndersI
                            I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

training in MN

I have been lucky to run across Rob a couple times. Easily one of the sharpest programers and GD&T experts around.. Granted he can talk a mile a minute but very knowledgable. If any of you are lucky enough to meet him, do yourself a favor and have a chat if possible..

Comment