Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting dumped

V3.7 MR2 - Windows XP - 3 gigs RAM
    I know from other posts getting dumped out of PC D-MIS seems to be rather common.
    We have a program that is not very large.
    I bring in three step files, mirror them, then merge in a Catia V5 part via DCI.
    Lately, we've been getting dumped in the middle of writing and the program becomes corrupt, it happened twice just yeaterday.
    It also happens, mainly on the machine less than a year old, where we put the larger jobs, where we have the greatest resources.
    I am curious if it's more a problem with V3.7 MR-2 or perhaps with DCI (since DCI has Catia running in the back ground and uses more resources).
    Maybe it's a problem with bringing in multiple types of CAD files.
    From those who experience getting dumped out often, I'm wondering if it's always V3.7 MR-2, what type of CAD if any, particular task being executed during crash if consistent, etc. I'm trying to identify some common link.
    I am currently trying to get V3.7 MR-3 installed.

Originally posted by RussL
    V3.7 MR2 - Windows XP - 3 gigs RAM
    I know from other posts getting dumped out of PC D-MIS seems to be rather common.
    We have a program that is not very large.
    I bring in three step files, mirror them, then merge in a Catia V5 part via DCI.
    Lately, we've been getting dumped in the middle of writing and the program becomes corrupt, it happened twice just yeaterday.
    It also happens, mainly on the machine less than a year old, where we put the larger jobs, where we have the greatest resources.
    I am curious if it's more a problem with V3.7 MR-2 or perhaps with DCI (since DCI has Catia running in the back ground and uses more resources).
    Maybe it's a problem with bringing in multiple types of CAD files.
    From those who experience getting dumped out often, I'm wondering if it's always V3.7 MR-2, what type of CAD if any, particular task being executed during crash if consistent, etc. I'm trying to identify some common link.
    I am currently trying to get V3.7 MR-3 installed.
    .02, you're gonna like mr3 much more!

TK
    sigpicHave a homebrew

Comment

Yes, the problem is all of the above and most particularly MR2. MR3 is much more stable.
      sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

I didn't have time to read your entire post but I see you are getting dumped, my girlfriend is on the verge of dumping me so I know how you feel. She is right about a lot of the reasons we are "taking a break" right now. Like I am not affectionate enough. I don't talk about enough, or it seems like I have more to talk to my friends about than her. But guys are like that, we have feelings and emotions but we aren't that good at expressing them. As far as talking to her more about my daily goings on I know I could stand to improve that if she is willing to give me a chance but really all my friends and I do is complain about work. I have also known them much longer than I've known her so there is more in common and more to talk about. Like I said I want to work on it I'm not here to justify my shortcommings. I hope everything works out for you I couldn't tell you how many times I've been dumped it sucks big time, it is very discouraging. You'll bounce back though.

Craig
        <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Thats good stuff-

My last girlfriend told me that I would rather hang out and drink beer with my friends than be with her. Ok - not a problem. Who's going to argue that?
          sigpic Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, but rather a skid in broadside, totally worn, proclaiming WOW What a ride!

Comment

Originally posted by craiger_ny
            I didn't have time to read your entire post but I see you are getting dumped, my girlfriend is on the verge of dumping me so I know how you feel. She is right about a lot of the reasons we are "taking a break" right now. Like I am not affectionate enough. I don't talk about enough, or it seems like I have more to talk to my friends about than her. But guys are like that, we have feelings and emotions but we aren't that good at expressing them. As far as talking to her more about my daily goings on I know I could stand to improve that if she is willing to give me a chance but really all my friends and I do is complain about work. I have also known them much longer than I've known her so there is more in common and more to talk about. Like I said I want to work on it I'm not here to justify my shortcommings. I hope everything works out for you I couldn't tell you how many times I've been dumped it sucks big time, it is very discouraging. You'll bounce back though.

Craig
            I am pretty swamped right now and could take the time to read all of that, but I think the whole superstring theory as it relates to buckyballs and quantum mechanics must necessarily change how we view the very concepts of words like "bounce". On a personal relationship leve though, I find canines to be far superior to female humans in terms of emotional support. The physical realm is of course another matter, but given that the worst my dog has ever done is leave a few scratches from puppy play, that too ought to be considered far less painful than the infamous state of being "cut off". Now where did I leave my banjo?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Gardner
              Thats good stuff-

My last girlfriend told me that I would rather hang out and drink beer with my friends than be with her. Ok - not a problem. Who's going to argue that?
              Remember a cold beer is a good beer. And your beer won't mind if you have another beer.

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Cisco
                Remember a cold beer is a good beer. And your beer won't mind if you have another beer.
                No that's funny, I don't care who you are!

TK
                sigpicHave a homebrew

Comment

I really like her kids a lot. I especially like her. I hope she gives it a shot but this whole thing where we are taking time off from each other is a sure sign. At least from a past experience standpoint. I'm going to talk to her tonight, I can't stand this. If she is going to dump me I'd rather she not drag it out.

Comment

Good luck Craig. I guess you're not kidd'in us

TK
                    sigpicHave a homebrew

Comment

Originally posted by tking
                      Good luck Craig. I guess you're not kidd'in us

TK
                      Come on now TK this is Captain Craiger we are talking about here. He must the be straight shootingest Yankee there ever was. He would never kid us.

Comment

I'm not. I like her kids as much as her and I can't stop thinking about it. I have been dumped a lot of times and I know in the end it all works out but that doesn't help the here-and-now.

Comment

Originally posted by craiger_ny
                          I'm not. I like her kids as much as her and I can't stop thinking about it. I have been dumped a lot of times and I know in the end it all works out but that doesn't help the here-and-now.
                          Poi Dog Pondering is the group. Wishing Like a Mountain, Thinking Like the Sea is the album. Thanksgiving for Every Wrong Move is the song. HTH

Comment

http://www.drphil.com/images/_drphil_logo.gif

Maintaining a Successful Relationship
                            Five and a half years into their marriage, Stacy and Chris, a Dr. Phil Family, ask for help rebuilding their union. Dr. Phil offers this advice.

Have a solid friendship.
                            "Ask yourself what kind of friend you are being to your mate," Dr. Phil says. He asks Chris and Stacy that they enjoy doing their friends, whether it be talking about silly things or sharing a good joke together. He then advises them to apply that same openness to their own relationship. "If you want a good friend, be a good friend," he suggests.

Meet each others' needs.
                            "The success of a relationship is a function of the extent to which it meets the needs of two people," Dr. Phil explains. He tells Chris that he needs to discover what Stacy's needs are. "Maybe she needs a soft place to fall that day or she needs a shoulder to cry on," he says. He tells Stacy that she doesn't always need to agree with her husband, but she should figure out his needs, whether it's saying that she's proud of him, or that he looks nice that day. Perhaps she needs to meet him halfway with her pants down?

Take responsibility.
                            You can't control the way your spouse acts in your relationship, but you can control how you react in negative situations. "You have to take 100 percent responsibility for what you're doing in a relationship," Dr. Phil says. "Decide what you believe and hold to be true, and conduct yourself 100 percent consistent with that."

Turn the negatives into a to-do list.
                            After getting failing grades on Dr. Phil's Relationship Health Profile Test, Stacy and Chris are instructed to turn their negative answers into positive actions. For example, if you don't have fun with your partner, you need to make a list of enjoyable activities you can do together. Going to Fuzzy Bear's for a lap dance is a good suggestion. Or you can invite her best friend over for a quiet evening naked in the living room.
                            sigpic

Comment

http://www.blowmeuptom.com/

This is the best advice I can I offer right now guys, seriously take it.
                              sigpic

Comment