Old PCDMIS - NEW WINDOWS

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Old PCDMIS - NEW WINDOWS

    We are running and older version of PCDMIS (3.084) and recently lost the computer that it was on. We have been using Windows NT 4.0 and now want to move to WINDOWS XP. Will my version of PCDMIS work with the new Windows system?

  • #2
    It should be fine... others here use old versions too

    make sure to copy your comp.dat file and install the hasp driver on the new confuser with XP
    sigpiccall me "Plum Crazy"....but you only go around once!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ajtool
      We are running and older version of PCDMIS (3.084) and recently lost the computer that it was on. We have been using Windows NT 4.0 and now want to move to WINDOWS XP. Will my version of PCDMIS work with the new Windows system?
      Wilcox site says that WinXP is not in the list of recommended OS.
      http://www.wilcoxassoc.com/Versions/v30.htm
      N.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by NikoM
        Wilcox site says that WinXP is not in the list of recommended OS.
        http://www.wilcoxassoc.com/Versions/v30.htm
        My newest machines were provided with XP.
        <internet bumper sticker goes here>

        Comment


        • #5
          I run xp on 2 machines with no problems.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by JIM HARRIS
            I run xp on 2 machines with no problems.
            Jim and Craig,

            Are you running 3.0?
            I am using Win XP too, but I have 3.5mr2 and 3.7mr3.
            N.

            Comment


            • #7
              We are running 3.7mr3 on 5 different computers with XP and no problems. Our last three CMM's came with 3.7 and XP.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by NikoM
                Jim and Craig,

                Are you running 3.0?
                I am using Win XP too, but I have 3.5mr2 and 3.7mr3.
                3x 3.2063 on XP
                2x 3.7 on XP
                <internet bumper sticker goes here>

                Comment


                • #9
                  3.7mr3 with xp 2 mach.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by NikoM
                    Wilcox site says that WinXP is not in the list of recommended OS.
                    http://www.wilcoxassoc.com/Versions/v30.htm
                    Yes. This is because PC-DMIS 3.0 was never tested with XP (since that OS wasn't available at the time 3.0 was released).

                    I asked about this and was told that you may run into problems with the HASP driver, but that you can update that online at www.hasp.com.
                    Jared Hess - PC-DMIS Documentation Team Lead @ HMI
                    [View 2008 Reporting Tutorials Here]

                    Comment

                    Related Topics

                    Collapse

                    Working...
                    X