Probe Attitude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probe Attitude

When a model is rotated on a couple of axises and is brought in the probe is not normal to part. Is there an easy way to determine these angles so the part setup adjustment can be made quickly? Appreciate any feedback. Thanks Gang.
    sigpicThanks a Millionth

You could try:

F5 > Part/Machine > Part Setup.

For changing the Cad axis according to Machine.
    sigpicIt's corona time!
    737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAƑOL

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto View Post
      You could try:

F5 > Part/Machine > Part Setup.

For changing the Cad axis according to Machine.
      Is there an easy way to determine the angles for the F5 > Part/Machine > Part Setup? What do you think Roberto?
      sigpicThanks a Millionth

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Fitzgerald View Post
        Is there an easy way to determine the angles for the F5 > Part/Machine > Part Setup? What do you think Roberto?
        Personally, if my probe gives me attitude, I slap it.......

The only "easy" way to get an "off-angle" part to show the "correct" probe angle is to at least get an alignment done on it for use in offline mode or online mode. The first alignment (of however many you need, minimum of 2 IMO) does not "need" to have "good" probe angles. In fact, as long as you never shank out on the shaft of your probe, the angle makes no difference at all, as long as they are calibrated....

I am not sure if you can put in "incremental" angles in teh F5 option, without looking (and my machine is running right now) all I can remember is that you can make "whole" axis changes (Z+=X+ and so on).
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

I know that it is only for Graphical representation and really dosen't have to be totally precise. I find in cases where my approach is tight and I need to square away my tips and probes off line the closer the better. It does take decimal degrees. My usual deal is to tweek until its there including some preliminary alignments. Fun Fun Fun. Thanks for the feedback Matt & Roberto. FYI lately the world seems to have an attitude. :-) ~~ BIG SLAP ~~
          Last edited by Gary Fitzgerald; 09-01-2009, 09:46 AM.
          sigpicThanks a Millionth

Comment