machine recertification??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• machine recertification??

My B&S global status 777 is now 2 years old. I am not really having any problems. But should I have it looked at or something?
    Global Status 777 PC-DMIS 2014
    Windows 7
    ever stop to think and forget to start again?

You mean uh, calibration? You are not on a schedule? Annually is probably convention and probably wise. Hope your customers don't know you are not calibrating.
    <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

What type of industry are you in?
      sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

i hope its not turbine engines for commercial jet aircraft.

Comment

What do your customers specify or do they care. Do they require some form of calibration. Like most here i recommend once a year.
          sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

Originally posted by \v/inston
            i hope its not turbine engines for commercial jet aircraft.
            Nothing that important just dialysis machine parts and elevator brakes.
            <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

we mostly use a probe that is a 1 mm dia X 40 mm long on a tp 20
              we calibrate probe every day. with very good results dcc dcc at 8 angles and veriation is only .0001. but last yaer when B&S called to do a machine recert . my boss said no because it was only a year old and 1 and only cmm that had not been used hard due to learning and slow programing. but now it is 2 years old and th last year it was ran every day. 2 10 hour shifts.

we are in the scientific industry the cmm is for ower own use no outside work
              Windows 7

Comment

OH MY GOD!!!!!!
                Have you heard of this little concept called ISO 9000?

LOL!!!!
                I didn't know they needed a CMM to make tennis shoes.

g
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by craiger_ny
                  Nothing that important just dialysis machine parts and elevator brakes.
                  That important.....ELEVATOR BRAKES......LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Marty Schwab
                    we mostly use a probe that is a 1 mm dia X 40 mm long on a tp 20
                    we calibrate probe every day. with very good results dcc dcc at 8 angles and veriation is only .0001. but last yaer when B&S called to do a machine recert . my boss said no because it was only a year old and 1 and only cmm that had not been used hard due to learning and slow programing. but now it is 2 years old and th last year it was ran every day. 2 10 hour shifts.

we are in the scientific industry the cmm is for ower own use no outside work

What do you mean owner use only? So you dont certify nothing on it that goes out.
                    sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

Ya right Paul, they are the equivalent of a scientific car wash. I'm sure we've all done our stint at the Quality Last Machine & Tool Co.
                      g
                      sigpic

Comment

we only inspect the parts at this division that we make thay ( at the main plant ) certify the the machine that the parts are on and reinspect the parts we make their fore we are iso certified becuse their cmm is certified.
                        Windows 7

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Sarrach
                          What do you mean owner use only? So you dont certify nothing on it that goes out.

I worked at a place in Huntsville called Intergraph. I used to come in early and certify frisbee's for a guy who was in charge of the rules and regulations for some kind of frisbee association.

Comment

Heck, you think that is wierd, I had to certify the diameter of a piece of rope for one of my customers, it was something he bought on Ebay, it wasn't the size 'quoted' on Ebay, and he wanted to return it and get his money back, but the seller wasn't having any of it, so he wanted 'certified' documentation for his 'fight'.
                            sigpic
                            Originally posted by AndersI
                            I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

No, you are not ISO Certified. Your machine therefore, is for reference only? I don't buy it, and I feel that a competent ISO auditor would not either. I think you should check how your third party auditor feels about your procedure.
                              sigpic

Comment