KNUCKLE WOES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KNUCKLE WOES

I HAVE AN INTRIGUING PUZZLE THAT MAY BE A HEXAGON ISSUE. I HAVE A KNUCKLE THAT SITS 90 TO MY PROBE. AT A0B0 THE STYLI POINTS TOWARD THE PLUS Y. I USE THIS SAME SET UP ON OUR OTHER MACHINES. WHEN I CALIBRATE, IT DOES NOT RECOGNIZE THE CORRECT DIRECTION. IF I AM AT A0B0 IT WILL WANT TO START FROM THE REAR OF THE SPHERE TO CALIBRATE. IF I CHANGE IT TO A0B-180 IT WANTS TO START TO CALIBRATE TOWARD THE FRONT OF THE SPHERE. I PLAYED AROUND WITH THE PROBE SETTINGS CHANGING FROM 90 TO -90 TO 0 TO 180 TO EVEN 270, NOTHING WORKED. I THEN WENT BACK TO MY ORIGINAL CONFIGURATION, AND SELECTED JUST THE A90B0, A90B-180 ETC., AND IT WOULD CALIBRATE THESE ANGLES. HAS ANYONE ELSE ENCOUNTERED THIS? I AM RUNNING A GLOBAL 12-22-10 WITH PCDMIS 4.0. YEAH I KNOW, THEY SAID WITH THE SCANNING PROBE, TOOL CHANGER, ETC. THAT I WOULD NEED 4.0 TO BE COMPATIBLE FOR SOME SORT OF CONFIGURATION(?)
    sigpic

B&S ADVANTAGE 12-22-10, EXCEL 9-15-9, ETC.
    PCDMIS 4.1, 3.5mr2,

Sorry I can't help you. My only knuckle woes are from draging them while I walk, because I am such a knucle head.
    sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

I WAS READING ANOTHER THREAD ON CALIBRATION WOES AND THERE WAS A SUGGESTION TO CONSTRUCT A NEW TIP, SO I CONFIGURED A NEW TIP WITH ALL THE WRIST ANGLES AND IT RAN THROUGH CALIBRATION GREAT. STILL CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHY THE FIRST TOOK A CRAP ON ME THOUGH. BUT, ONE MORE PROBLEM SOLVE
      sigpic

B&S ADVANTAGE 12-22-10, EXCEL 9-15-9, ETC.
      PCDMIS 4.1, 3.5mr2,

Comment

Blame it on PCDEMONS
        sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment