Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temp Comp and Material Coefficient

Good Morning all,

I just had a question about using Temp Comp - do you have to have a material coefficient for your machine axes? If so, what is it?

Does anyone have a link for material coefficients? I exclusively check tool steels (H-13, S-7, flavors of 420ss) - I'm not worried too much about the part expanding, but I think my machine is more affected by temp changes in the shop.

And before you say anything, my machine was calibrated by B&S with temp comp on.

Thanks all.
    Global Image PH10M, SP25, FCR25-L6 CAD++ 2019R1SP10
    Global Image PH10M+, SP25, FCR25-L6 CAD++ 2019R1SP10
    MicroExel pfx uha PH6, TP200 CAD++2019R1 SP10

Originally posted by NMC_CMM View Post
    Good Morning all,

I just had a question about using Temp Comp - do you have to have a material coefficient for your machine axes? If so, what is it?

Does anyone have a link for material coefficients? I exclusively check tool steels (H-13, S-7, flavors of 420ss) - I'm not worried too much about the part expanding, but I think my machine is more affected by temp changes in the shop.

And before you say anything, my machine was calibrated by B&S with temp comp on.

Thanks all.
    The coefficient for linear expansion and contraction of metals and alloys can be found in the Machinists Handbook. The latest edition should cover this generation of metals. Suggest going there.
    The temp comp that B&S does is for the machine not for the temp of the work piece. Do you have the pick-up for the workpiece temp? I assume thats what your shooting for.
    sigpicThanks a Millionth

Comment

http://www.box.net/shared/static/9ubj0t8kks.xls
      sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Originally posted by NMC_CMM View Post
        Good Morning all,

Thanks all.

I never could trust the temp comp to deliver accurately so

10 microns per Metre per Degree Celsius is what I use.
        Poleaxe

Beware the environment you live in for it will shape you
        Be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them.

sigpic

Comment