5 way star Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 way star Question

I need to use this CMM , And PH_6 head is only Moving in A0B0(use for floor Inspection)and they want to used for small part with holes in all direction (will be ease if you can rotate the head like PH10T)but I need to use a 5 way star , can this be done ? , Someone use this 5 Way star position A0B0 for all the dimension in a part , I never use a star probe like that before (and if is possible some step by step calibration for a Star probe)
    sigpic
    Always Looking at the Big Picture :D:D:D
    3.7 MR1 CAD++
    4.3 Mr1 CAD++
    B&S (Global 07-10-07) -PH10T/TP20
    B&S (Microxcelpfx) -PH10MQ/TP20

http://pcdmisforum.com/showthread.php?t=2816
    When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
    sigpic

Comment

so , John , if you don't have a PH10T can you check different sides of part or circles with this A0B0 only (5 way Star ),
      sigpic
      3.7 MR1 CAD++
      4.3 Mr1 CAD++

Comment

Originally posted by Msolito View Post
        so , John , if you don't have a PH10T can you check different sides of part or circles with this A0B0 only (5 way Star ),
        Msolito - you just have to indicate (in your program) which probe is active when you want to measure a feature
        I'm running v4.1
        when constructing a star probe the different sockets are numbered like this:
        1) probe is on the bottom pointing toward Z-
        2) probe on my left pointing toward X -
        3) probe is facing me pointing toward Y -
        4) probe is on my right pointing toward X +
        5) probe is behind module pointing toward Y +

HTH
        sigpic
        Originally posted by Ironhoe
        I got something under my sporran for you, take care of it and you got my vote.

Comment

http://www.box.net/shared/static/kn44tv7i8o.pdf

http://www.box.net/shared/static/9ltdin8cek.doc
          Last edited by JamesMannes; 08-18-2009, 01:48 PM.
          sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Lab_ratt and James Thank you , I will try today that , so if I follow the steps , I can check any side of part like the PH10T right , the problem this CMM , the head don't rotate is fix at A0B0 position ,
            sigpic
            3.7 MR1 CAD++
            4.3 Mr1 CAD++

Comment

Msolito,

hope that helps you out. If not just post and someone will get you where you need to be.
              sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Just so you know I'm using a PH1 - no sweet toys like the PH10 for me - so sometimes star probes (and even stranger probe configurations) are my only salvation.
                sigpic

Comment

Yes Lab_ratt , I think that is my problem , I always work with PH10 with Rotate head , and now I can't see out box LOL , But I will try to do my best with the PH-6 and the star probe Thank you
                  sigpic
                  3.7 MR1 CAD++
                  4.3 Mr1 CAD++

Comment

Originally posted by Msolito View Post
                    Yes Lab_ratt , I think that is my problem , I always work with PH10 with Rotate head , and now I can't see out box LOL , But I will try to do my best with the PH-6 and the star probe Thank you
                    No problem - if I ever got a chance to use a PH10 the first thing I'd probably do is rotate the wrist and wipe the TP20 right off on the calibration ball - or drive it 3 inches into the granite........
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lab_ratt View Post
                      No problem - if I ever got a chance to use a PH10 the first thing I'd probably do is rotate the wrist and wipe the TP20 right off on the calibration ball - or drive it 3 inches into the granite........
                      I'd say you're probably right Ratt, considering how many operators do that who use the ph10 every day.
                      Kami

sigpic

Comment