Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import CAD from VisView

Good Morning All

I was sent a CAD file that defaults to VisView when I try to open it. I have tried to open the file with PCDMIS, but have had no luck. What is the proper method to open/import CAD files of this type?

Load it into any CAD package that will read it and export it back out as a STEP or an IGES file, then load that file.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Tammie Godden View Post
      Good Morning All

I was sent a CAD file that defaults to VisView when I try to open it. I have tried to open the file with PCDMIS, but have had no luck. What is the proper method to open/import CAD files of this type?
      First off, what is the file extension? Is this an IGES file, a step file OR is it in a native format? If it is a native format, then in order to use it with Pcdmis, you woould ahve to have the (EXPENSIVE) DCI or DCT option for that cad software. IF it is IGES or STEP or one of a few other "generic" file types, you can import it without the expensive "extra" features.

Make a new program, open the new program, then FILE ~ IMPORT, you will need to select the proper type of import (IGES, STEP, etc.).

IF it is a native cad file and IF Pcdmis does NOT have a DCI or DCT for that source file, you will have to have whomever sent it to you export it as a type that you can import.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by AndersI
      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment