ok...heeere's a fun one........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok...heeere's a fun one........

this is a nasty part. first of all it's huge. second of all it's huge.
    i'm actually doing pretty well inspecting it. i can get most of the diameters and location dimensions and such but i can't get the 156degrees radius located at E7.

i've blown it up a little in the second attachment so you can see it better.

should i use a series of points and combine the two?
    set of lines? contruct a point in between the two lines?

some suggestions on how you'd go about checkin it would be helpful.

my other issue is finding the dimension 5x .25 located at D4. again should i use a series of lines or points? i know it's a very involved question but just some simple suggestions would be helpful.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by CraigDenny; 07-21-2009, 06:25 PM.
    your momma's so stupid, she thought JUDO is what they use to make bread.

Originally posted by CraigDenny View Post
    but i can't get the 156degrees radius located at E7.
    You just talking about the angled surface ?

Originally posted by CraigDenny View Post
    my other issue is finding the dimension 5x .25 located at D4. again should i use a series of lines or points? i know it's a very involved question but just some simple suggestions would be helpful.
    Is this part sheet metal ?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Masters View Post
      You just talking about the angled surface ?
      well yea. i'm not sure how to measure the 156 radius.

Is this part sheet metal ?
      lol no. it's one huge piece of solid aluminum.
      your momma's so stupid, she thought JUDO is what they use to make bread.

Comment

The first thing I'd do is this

Then I'd use Repro Rubber on both unless you can get the probe in there and the I'd not try to check the radius with the CMM just the angle and for the 5X on the .25 dimension I'd do a line-point distance.
        Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
        Contura Calypso 5.4

Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

Comment

what dwade said. The CMM is a great tool, but is not always the best tool for the job.
          When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
          sigpic

Comment

The 156 degree angle can be checked by creating two lines and measuring the angle between them. I would just create 4 points that were in line with each other on the centerline of the part. The blend radius is not going to be accurate if the surface finish is not real good should be √16 or less because of the short angle.

On the second callout I would create a line on the outside on the centerline and create a point over it on the inside then just do a distance between the point and line.

Type in your zeros to make sure you are on the centerlines but use the model for the vectors. that is the easiest at least to me.
            Tolerance challenged ... Living in the world of unseen lines.

This software isn't buggy its an infestation

Comment