Move/all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Move/all

I've been playing with the MOVE/ALL command and it's pretty slick. It combines a move/point with a probe rotation, however, I can't get it to work on my XCEL with PH10M but works fine on my Global Advantage with the TESASTAR. Anyone know why?
    sigpic
    Global Advantage 12-22-10
    TESASTAR M SP25 4.3mr2

controller wont support it... careful changing the jog box speed with a command like that in your program.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironhoe View Post
      controller wont support it... careful changing the jog box speed with a command like that in your program.

+1...I had an Xcel before getting our new Global and it wouldn't work either. Nor would Fly Mode.
      ~Josh~ Giles Rescue "Ut ceteri vivant"

Comment

what does move all do, and where is move all function?

Comment

I just type the code in "MOVE" tab "ALL" tab, then enter the xyz coordinates you want the probe to go to and select new probe rotation. The probe will move and rotate at the same time.
          sigpic
          Global Advantage 12-22-10
          TESASTAR M SP25 4.3mr2

Comment

Originally posted by keego View Post
            I just type the code in "MOVE" tab "ALL" tab, then enter the xyz coordinates you want the probe to go to and select new probe rotation. The probe will move and rotate at the same time.

Can be quite deadly if your not careful

Comment

Originally posted by keego View Post
              so this is handy if you don't have the PHD 10 unit huh

Comment

Originally posted by JoBLOCK View Post
                so this is handy if you don't have the PHD 10 unit huh

Obviously, it won't work if you don't have a motorized head. If that is what your asking.

Comment

No I mean if you have a phd10, so you really not saving much time doing MOVE ALL.

Comment

Another way to add a Move/All is to do a Move/Point followed by a tip rotation. Then with the cursor at the end of the tip command, click ‘insert’ on the tool bar, then ‘Move’/ ‘Move All’. Everything is filled in for you. Then delete the Move/Point and tip command (the preceding two lines). Keep in mind the coordinates in the Move/All are AFTER the tip rotation.
                    v2013 MR1, v2015.1
                    B&S Global 544, 555
                    Mitutoyo A504 w/PC-DMIS

sigpic
                    Since 1994

Never force anything. Get a bigger hammer.
                    (Advice from my dad.)

Comment

Originally posted by jkb_mcg View Post
                      Obviously, it won't work if you don't have a motorized head. If that is what your asking.
                      ahhh it won't work. ok

Comment

Originally posted by JoBLOCK View Post
                        No I mean if you have a phd10, so you really not saving much time doing MOVE ALL.
                        It only saves you time. Without it, you move, stop, rotate, move. With it, you rotate while you move (which is why it can be deadly).

I've never played with it, but think I might give it a try. I've always thought it'd be pretty cool (for tours and demonstrations, not for everyday use) if one could program it to keep the ruby tip stationary relative to the part and have movement in x,y,z when changing the head angle. Perhaps with a little playing around...

Comment

I use MOVEALL's a lot, a real time saver. Wich I had FLYMODE tho becuase that is another great time saver and it makes the CMM movement look so much smoother and keeps them from jerking when they go from one MOVEPOINT to another.
                          Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
                          Contura Calypso 5.4

Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

Comment

Wow, that is bloody dangerous, but cool
                            If I have offended anyone with this post, I'd like to take this opportunity to say BOLLOCKS
                            Dry your eyes Princess and man up.

Comment

Originally posted by Snaggy View Post
                              Wow, that is bloody dangerous, but cool
                              Yep, in order for me to feel comfortable using them, I'd feel like I needed to clear the part by quite a bit, thus eliminating any time saved because of the extra movement. Currently, I have no problem pulling back from a surface .2 inch, rotating and then moving to clear another face by .2 inch and going from there. I'd not try that with a move/all. I'd feel I'd need to move much farther from the part thus offsetting any time savings. Of course maybe that would change with use and I'd get more comfortable the more I used it.

Comment